1st time grower

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by HighKirby, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Hello there fellows, im a first time grower and really enjoying watching my plants grow, but ive ran into some issues.
    At the moment im growing outdoors, three ak-47s, one of them died and i believe it was from heat stress but im not too sure.
    Im on an island in Greece and it gets really hot out here, i would just like your opinion based on these photos if you could tell me whats wrong.
    Sorry if im skipping information i dont really have much time due to work hours, but as far as i can tell, if i leave them in the sun too much, leaves will start turning yellow and dying.
    Ill update on soil and everything once i get some time, just looking for a quick eye view.
    Thank you for any help or information in advance

Attached Files:

2. They should be ready to transplant and when you do...get some perlite in the next mix of soil. As for the heat, not much anyone can do about that. Unless you bring them inside to veg.

3. I am fairly new and have ran into this myself, my plants were getting sun burnt, I had to move them so they were getting more indirect sunlight, basically in the shade and they get a couple of hours a day of direct sun. Has been working much better that way.
    Hope this helps

4. Agree with the others. I've grown outside in the summer in the desert before by placing the plants under a tree where they received the morning into early afternoon sun and then indirect sunlight for the rest of the day. Do whatever you can to keep your root zone cool. Mulch for a top layer will help regulate the temperature of the surface and use a terra cotta clay pot instead of plastic. Also, if you use a fabric pot and put it down in the earth, the surrounding soil will help shield the roots from getting too hot. Good luck and keep growing!

5. Thanks guys for the replies,i guess ill just have to have them under indirect sunlight for the time being until it gets a bit cooler