Is this good or bad mold on my top soil? help

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by ItMustBeOrganic, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Hey GCO, I need some input! First let me tell you a little about my set up and the conditions..

I am currently on day 25 of flower growing in a 4x4x7 tent with 1,000 watt HPS via the SCROG method in 7 gal pots filled with sub cool's super soil (wish i found you gys before i mixed this up, although things seems fine for now). I have a 6" 334 CFM rated in-line fan connected to my light along with a 16" oscillating fan for my circulation. I run my lights at night which keeps my temps at a solid 78 degrees at pretty much all times but my humidity is consistently higher than where I want it to be; at about 65-70%. I live ~2 miles from the beach so I suspect this will be something I have to deal with during flower regularly(this is my first grow at this location).

The mold first arose yesterday following an application of an AACT. Since I had no intentions of using this as a foliar spray i didn't strain my EWC, rather I had them free floating in the water. As I applied my tea the castings accumulated on the top of my soil, obviously. This is precisely where the mold is growing, directly on the EWC. My question is if this is the good kind of mold which signifies a vibrant, healthy soil or the bad mold that needs to be scrapped off? LMK if there is any more info I can provide, I appreciate you folks taking the time to help me out!

Attached Files:

2. what color is the mold? kind of hard to tell from the pics.

3. whiteish/greyish

4. Not to worry. It's normal fungal hyphae. One of the tricks commonly used to kick start a compost tea that results in higher fungal counts is to feed the EWC finely ground oatmeal 24 hours prior to brewing. It most likely will die back shortly due to light exposure...

5. AHHH TRICHERSAUROUS

for foliage plants it is not bad. may continue to root rot though,
    mushrooms on the other hand... causes a war zone