Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Weed has an acquired taste?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by konastuff512, Jul 15, 2015.

1. When I fist began smoking I absolutely hated the taste of weed, I found all strains tasted harsh and the same. As time went on I began to like the taste. Now just after 3 years of smoking I have really learned to appreciate the taste of marijuana and all of its fine strains. Has anyone else had this happen where it was an aquired taste?

2. konastuff512, I'm afraid I've never (since 1968) acquired an ability to discern different flavors in cannabis. It all tastes the same to me. My friends talk about how it tastes, but I've never noticed a difference. Since I'm older maybe my taste buds are not as sharp.

3. I have this same problem to some extent. I have always enjoyed the taste since day 1, but i can occasionally taste a sweetness to bud if it has a sweet flavor. I cant usually spot distinct flavors as the people i smoke with are able to describe. I mainly use a vaporizer as well so when i combust, all i taste is smoke.

4. I used to get into distinct flavors, but not anymore. All high grade tastes sweet. I leave the rocket science alone today.

5. The smells are pretty diverse, and I appreciate those. Kind of like how a wine connoisseur would describe a wine. Fruity, earthy, citrus-y, etc. The taste of the smoke is less telling though.

Some bud just has this wonderful aroma that would make into cologne if I could lol

6. I've had some delicious after tastes on better buds, but have enjoyed the overall taste/smell since day one

7. Big difference between Blueberry and Diesel.

8. I don't enjoy smoking buds because it leaves a gross taste in your mouth and it gets into your nose and I don't enjoy that. I prefer dabs because it's like dropping a little hint of pine into your mouth, or sometimes they are sweet and kind of taste like candy. I never learned to enjoy the taste of flower. I love the smells though. Skunky is my fav cause that smells dankest to me.

9. I know it used to make me cough and choke but I always remember liking the taste. Blunts have always had a butter flavor to me.