First Grow HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by xGreenThumb, Jul 15, 2015.

1. sorry i've been searching for day on how to ask a question properly but just cant find it, so i'm gonna ask here... please don't roast me

any way this is my first grow and i need help finding for better prices and some quality control i want to grow good weed not just weed. i need a setup that is easy and cheap

my grow will be outdoor mostly but 2-3 plants will be indoor and for dark periods they will be moved to a pitch black room that's a little lower than room temp

the things i need help most with is just about everything for a newb grower this is what i was going to go with for my soil, nutrient, and light

http://www.hydrowholesale.com/general-hydroponics-... - for my medium because its good and cheap i heard

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261209855140 - for my nutrients, i heard this is a easy one to use

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301507617587 - light for the indoor plants

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321783773178 - and a gallon of this stuff for the magnesium deficiency ill get from using coco coir

im looking to get nice sparkley bud with big yeilds

i have 85.33 to spend now and ill have 78 later, if needed the lights can wait so i have more money for increasing quality and yeild
    any suggestions or changes? i'd love if somebody would come through with a cheap and effective grow within my budget.

oh and im gonna have about 5-9 plants total is that enough coco?? from pics i've seen online i believe you can flower a plant in a preatty fucking small pot but idk its my first time. feel free to guide to the correct section for this question. THANKS!

2. Well, the coco tek is good stuff. I've been using it for years. I can't speak for the fox farm nutes or the cal mag but if you read the thread about ironhead's method in this forum you could use that formula. If you are cash strapped you can forget about the root exceleurator and the floralicious plus. They are just enhancers for a better product and not necessary for a good product. You can also skip the VAM and pond clarifier until you are on a better financial footing. The product will be good, just not as good as if you had used all of the stuff. I would be skeptical of a 300W LED that cheap but it might be fine. Good Luck!

3. Buy a cheap A-B coco nutes to start. I think the most important part is to know what the EC and PH are of your nute mix and run off water . Once you get that right , then you can add better nutes and additives.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. At the moment i have no cash and instead of going with the fox farm nute line i was told to use floranova bloom all the way through life cycle but start at a lower dosage. i also changed to a 400w mh light for veg and a hps for flower.

5. starting at 4ml of bloom per 5 gallons from when i plant through 1st 2 weeks, then 5ml per 5 gal for last 2 weeks of veg, then up to 7ml per 5 gallons for flower. i don't have a ph monitor just tap water. also i have to grow in a attic so it's gonna get HOT!! ik worst of the worst places to grow but it's my only choice. i can only use the ac for max 3 hours a day but ill have a box window fan as intake, this will be literally right next to them so hopefully it will keep the surface temp cool enough for my girls to thrive. here are the strains i ordered, will they do well in heat?

KC Brains Haze Special Seeds X 5

Original Sensible Critical Diesel Auto Autoflowering Feminised Seeds X 1

Original Sensible Pure Kush Feminised Seeds X 1

Original Sensible Pure Kush Feminised Seeds X 1

VIP Amnezia Feminised Seeds X 1

Paradise Seeds Delahaze Feminised Seed X 1

Afghani Regular Seeds X 2

Blimburn Grizzly Auto X 1

I'm trying to get everything down to a science and get some sparkly bud as if i don't prove myself i can't use the space to grow anymore. i'm also limited on space so i was planning to top at the 2nd or 3rd node. then topping the two main stock i got from the first top and to top it off a fim if i feel like waiting that last week for it to heal up. also all of them are gonna be lollipopped, supercrop, and defoliated. do you guys think i'll get a good harvest?

6. you need to spend money on a good ph meter regardless. also if your temps aren't in the right range all the time you can forget about anything above about a B quality flower.

7. yeah that's what i'm looking for a b grade flower it will most likely be better than anything you find on the street atleast

8. and what exactly is a b quality flower? as long as i see trichs ill be happy

9. B quality as in less than A quality. if youre temps are jacked it wont be good smoke.

10. i moved the grow to a closet temps are normal now

11. also some cash crop

12. im growing in a diy grow box now

13. bump

bump bump

bump

another question i left my coco with no drainage holes for 2 days but no plants were in it, is the coco still good for me to use?

14. you should go read 'Ironheads method for success' in this forum. Its a super simple forumla and you don't need to worry about ph and ec or whatever. Its pretty cheap too. Your plants probably won't do too well with only the bloom nutrient, your going to need the micro and some Epsom salt and you will be set. Im growing with the method outlined in his thread and it works great!! Very much worth the read.

15. ok thanks i'll check out ironhead right now, and the youtuber "grow pot cheaply" only uses bloom all way through and get some great crops, any suggestions on how i should use it otherwise? and where do i get micro and espom salt.

16. I'll have to go check out that you tube guy you mentioned. Im not sure how just a bloom nute would work alone because it doesn't provide a complete nutrient profile for the plant. Anyway, read through Irons thread and he explains a lot in there. You want General hydroponics flora micro and flora bloom and a bag of Epsom salt. The micro and bloom you can get at any grow store around $12 a qt. Epsom salt at any grocery store, wal mart, drug stores. Cheap as shit too. It will be in the health care section. Not with the regular salts. Those 3 items will cover the full nutrient profile for your plants to live happy healthy lives.

17. ok thanks, how long do you think a quart will last because i wasn't sure how long nutes lasted i just went overboard and bought like 32oz

18. so what u think bout that utuber, i mean i already bought the floranova bloom and grow ( the grow was free [​IMG]) im looking into some epsom salt and pc fans rn

bump

19. The you tube video that I watched was good. Didn't find the one where he talked about his nutrient mix. But he mentions 6:9 ratio a bunch so it sounds like he is using the head formula. Iron takes that method and just adds a bit to it. Have you checked out that thread yet?

20. yeah i did look into it i was thinking of trying it next grow as im low on funds. is the head formula any good lol

bump