Daughter Taken by Cps. Im Noncustodial. Will CPS Drug Test Me?

Discussion in 'General' started by cpulub, Jul 13, 2015.

1. I live in Missouri and my daughter's mother informed me friday night that I needed to attend a DFS/CPS meeting to pass a drug test (she says) and pick her up.
    My daughter was taken by CPS/DFS from her mother due to her other child's father calling them and stating that she was taking drugs. (in February, without making me aware)

She was passed around her family members until n one else wanted to care for her. No one told me anything! The mother lies to me all the time.

I pay child support always and on time. I don't visit as often as I should due to the distance between us. My daughter knows me as Daddy.

Turned out that the drug test was positive for Meth and they took her. I only do pot!

The mother wants me to attend a meeting with DFS/CPS that I have 3 days notice of tomorrow morning. My daughter's mother informed me that they would drug test me and I have marijuana in my system. I do no other drugs nor drank any alcohol.

I have other children too that live with me. If I go and I am honest or fail that drug test will they take my other children and investigate me?

I am getting a lawyer tomorrow in the morning but I am unsure if I he will have the time to attend the meeting. I wish she had given me more time but she doesn't want me to have her... she just has no other choice.

I cannot have my other children taken but I cannot just not go to the meeting either? If I don't go to the meeting then I am afraid that she will go to a foster home and it will be harder for me to get her for one and for two it will show CPS/DFS I don't care. Though they haven't informed me of anything!

Any advice would be great. The meeting is in 9 and a half hours.

Thanks!\t\t\t\t

2. Jesus bro... im too high to say anything other than get some fake urine

3. You said your daughters mother lies all the time, why do you think she would tell the truth about you getting drug tested..

It's just a meeting right? Seems to be drug tested it would have to be through a court with a judge issuing it?

Idk man to be safe can always try to fake it there are plenty of methods that work

Goodluck

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. since drugs were involved you should probably assume some sort of drug testing will take place just to be safe i dont know if it will but my dad always says plan for the worst hope for the best

5. I am afraid if I take fake urine or try to bullshit my way through it I will be caught and lose my credibility. Not to mention that my state of Missouri has a law prohibiting drug test tampering even for employment reasons...

6. I've been in almost you're exact situation. Just be honest with them and they'll work with you. I now have full custody no visitation for mom. I had to clean out, take some classes and put growing on halt. Don't give them some bs story, they've heard it all. If you're dirty all you can do is man up to it. You owe it to that little girl to do whatever you have to too make her safe. If you walk away, its only going to be harder in the future.

7. #7 cpulub, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    Yes, she's a big big liar and thief.

I would like to go in looking like the good guy.

Well she told me of this situation to begin with. I got the information from no other source because the state always keeps us out of the loop. I am unsure why she would say that then lie to me?

I'm sure I'm blowing this out of proportion but it scares me with other children in my home.

8. I'm in Illinois so I'm sure there's some differences in the laws. But in my case they didn't have any concern over my other son I have with a different woman. I also have full custody of him but he was never brought up in any of the paper work.

Don't believe anything you're ex has to say. Trust me on this, at this point it's best to cut all contact with the mother. If you want you're child and want what's right you have to approach this like a battle. You're going to have to show you have the best interest of the child in mind. Dealing with the drug addict mother is not in the best interest of the child as far as cps will be concerned. I haven't spoke to my mother's son since just a few days after this all went down. I managed to tell her what a disappointment she was and too stay the fk out of our lives right in front of the cps caseworker. Almost 7 years later I see her every once and awhile. She's still up to her old shit. She don't even look in the direction of my son. I wish I could of dropped clean, but I couldn't. What I could do was be a man about it and take care of the situation. You go in there with some fake wizz and get caught, from that moment on every thing you say is a lie as far as the state is concerned. I was watched at most of my piss tests. There was a couple at the end of the whole ordeal when there wasn't a man present to watch. Since I had been clean on the others they let it slide.

9. Why would they drug test you just because she got caught you don't even have custody.

And why would they want a meeting with you at all without them telling you they do don't believe one word from your ex if they wanted a meeting you would hear from them not you junkie ex

10. Talk to your lawyer, asking on a cannabis forum isn't going to give you a qualified answer as every area is different.
    I worked for cps in another state and can tell you what they did. Yes, they could drug test you if they are considering placing the child in your home. If they found out you were positive for cannabis then they could remove any children living with you. Sucks but a "good" cps agent in a jurisdiction where they have a good relationship with the court can do some crazy stuff under the name of child protection.
    I have also witnessed several people getting caught attempting to sub (in my state all cps test were observed) and they were charged with something along the lines of attempting to falsify a court ordered test and went straight from cps to jail.

11. Totally excellent advice Killset!!!!

12. Hi hon. Was reading your post. My heart goes out to you and that little girl. Children don't ask to be brought into this world in the first place and too many adults apparently have no clue how to prevent pregnancy these days, but that little girl deserves a chance at a somewhat normal life. An addicted parent is not a parent. An addict can think only of him or herself and absolutely EVERYTHING (including that little girl) is way down on the list of priorities. I totally agree with Killset on this one. This is your child's life and possible future at stake here, so walk in there to that meeting with your head held high and tell them the truth. With other children in your home, it should be very easy for them to see that you are a stable and fit parent. Letting the case workers know that you are willing to do whatever it takes to be able to get this little girl and make a life for her is your number 1 priority. Good luck! I hope everything works out for you with all this. Children are one of the most wonderful blessings we're given here on this earth, so you get her and give her all the love and affection that she can stand. That's the secret to a happy kid!! LOL Blessings!! TWW

13. My advice is for you to listen to killset's advice. Can't argue with someone with experience in the same situation. Good luck, man.

14. Who tested positive for meth?

15. Good luck let us know how it went!
    the mother