Coco Grow.

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Trichuk, Jul 13, 2015.

1. keep your clones under low intensity lighting until rooted.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. lol I'm just talking about, taking a clipping and sexing it to see what the plant will be with out putting the whole plant under 12/12. Because I want to know what the sex is or make sure rather that it is a female plant with out putting the plant through 18/6 to 12/12 then back to 18/6. I think taking a clipping would be a lot less stress on the plant.

3. #23 Grow2dab., Jul 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2015
    Looking good man, <del>what lights are going to flower under?</del> Don't worry I missed that bit.

Are you soaking the whole pots or watering just around the base of the trunk?

4. When I water, I'm not trying to water around the base, I'm trying to keep around the base dry. I water about 2inches away.

5. Well a little sad up date, my Smurfette has passed on.

6. sucks man. was hoping she'd pull through. mine that was similar is huge now. took FOREVER to get going

when you water, you dont water at the base? just around it? why is that? curious cuz sometimes i do it, sometimes not

7. Because the coco is the way it is..the water almost go's straight down I've noticed. Also when there small like that there's a chance of stem root. I know it's hard to do that in coco but I like to get those stems as strong as possible as soon as possible. Plus by practice you should be watering from the out side in..so the root take the whole planter...not in just a 3 inch diameter.

8. #28 Trichuk, Jul 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2015
    Well I do have a new addition.

9. #29 Trichuk, Jul 21, 2015
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1437491842.571659.jpg

Her name will be Jadis. Lol I forgot to mention the strain, it's a Bubba Kush.

10. Ahh. See I do water from the out in. Always have. A few times I didn't water around the base. The wife asked why not. So I started including watering the base. They seemed to love it and really responded.

My girls (fingers crossed) are in 2 gallon smart pots and I were straight from a gallon jug. Slowly of course but even then is the force of that too much? Should I be doing it fountain style?

11. #31 Trichuk, Jul 21, 2015
    I just put little holes in the cap so it's not just pouring out..but sprinkles out.
    Your only Ina 2gallon? Are you doing short plants?

12. Yeah. Only 6 ft tall tent with a 600w. Just now figured out that my dumb ass forgot to have sufficient "intake" so it's been hotter than I'd like. For my 2nd grow I'm going more and bigger. Try different training on different ones. All bagseed so free experience. Ha.

Should I not be in 2 gallon? Should it be bigger? (that's what he said)

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

13. #33 Trichuk, Jul 21, 2015
    Yeah, intake is a big deal.

I would go 5gallon.
    I'm in a 3 gallon, but im doing LST on all mine, so I'll be manipulating there growth and my plants won't get over 2 1/2 feet.

14. Cute vacant trich. Sorry for your loss brother.

15. #35 Trichuk, Jul 21, 2015
    thanks man..lol but it's not vacant. Don't you see Jadis?

16. Lol stupid swipe. I meant baby not vacant.

17. With a 5 gallon pot, how long you recommend vegging for under 600w?

18. Lol so kind of plants do you have? Autos?

19. All bagseed. About 200 of 'em

20. Put up a pic. But your changing from a 2 to a 5...veg for another 2 to 3 weeks.