Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tired of complaints

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by PatrickXy6dC, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Is any other seasoned toker (since 1968, personally) tired of all these youngsters writing in about the bad effects they are experiencing from cannabis and "withdrawal"? Almost without exception they do not use responsibly- smoking 24/7 (which is fine if you don't complain about how it makes you feel). The complaints when they go without for a day or two of nausea, lack of appetite, insomnia, etc, the complaints about depression, depersonalization, depression and self loathing from current young smokers do not do our push for legalization any good. They are making cannabis seem like a dangerous "drug" instead of a wonder herb with their immaturity and irresponsible use.
    Obviously I am disturbed by the thought of all these youngsters who are not old enough to use responsibly blaming cannabis instead of their own irresponsible use. I think these posts are the height of immaturity and stupidity. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

• Like Like x 18
  2. #2 F4TbluNTZ420, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2015
    Honestly i think there A LOT more elder people who do really bad for legalization, (and i'm talking about non-smokers) than younger people... not much to complain about

• Like Like x 1
  3. I hear what your saying man. I'm 21 and I discovered about 5 years ago that weed keeps my chronic migraines at bay. Went from about 40 a year to maybe 1 a year. So of course now I smoke 24/7, who wants to live with migraines? But my only "withdrawl" symptom is boredom. No 2 people are the same, and some people can handle smoking all the time and others can't. It's really just an issue of introspection and realizing if your body can handle it or not. I agree though, the complaints aren't doing us any favors.

• Like Like x 3
  4. I agree with you. I'm talking about the apprentice and pre- apprentice smokers on the forum who are always complaining about some malady they associate with cannabis.

5. Weed isn't perfect, don't be so ignorant and mad when people mention legitimate issues with it. People can abuse anything. Doesn't mean we have to hide the negatives and blame it all on the person.

And no, I won't get off your lawn.

6. Where I agree with you, that this generation's youngsters are not doing any good by smoking without reason, and then complaining about side affect, what they say have very little affect on the course of legalization - which is more about politics, money, and supreme court decisions.

Where I disagree is, were you bag these kids for posting threads about problems sleeping, eating, depersonalization, or even depression! These are all very really affects on can experience while toking or after discontinuing use of cannabis.

I'm a daily medicinal toker, and I sometimes have trouble eating if I have not toked yet. I've experienced bouts of "depersonalization" (not exactly, but similar feelings), and can not say it was completely the fault of cannabis, no, but it could have been other factors as well.

Depression is a CHEMICAL imbalance in ones body, a lot of people have it. Cannabis can increase or decrease it in certain individuals.

So where I do agree with you being fed up with the immature-young-tokers, I can not say the same when in comes to people who are truly dealing with a personal problem.

• Like Like x 2
  7. #7 wafdof, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    What I find laughable are the ones smoking more than they can afford then whining like little bitches that their life sucks. Overuse and abuse are real problems that many of the younger crowd are having while supposedly doing MJ recreationally. I have never drank every day nor smoked every day until more recently smoking for osteoarthritis pain in the past year on top of that I rarely got drunk when I did drink. Now I'm smoking enough to get relief not get ripped most of that time. Main thing is I can afford it and secondly it doesn't consume my life.

Sorry if anyone is smoking all day everyday for no other reason but to get totally ripped then you can't have much else good going on. The ones here posting "rate my weed" "how do I get higher" "how do I grow/smoke in my parent's house" "I smoke while at work" "I smoke to deal with life" and other idiotic shit are the ones killing legalization by being so irresponsible and moronic. Unfortunately these assclowns are the face of marijuana for the rest of us and not the majority of users like myself. I am average joe that nobody would know I smoked at all. I am retired at 50 Because I have lived responsibly not because I ask random people how to get higher.

• Like Like x 7
  8. I want to hug OP for making this post. Took the words right outta my mouth.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yeah, it annoys the hell out of me. What really gets me is when some kid smoked weed once 2 years ago and is talking about how smoking marijuana once two years ago caused depersonalization and their entire life has been like a dream state since and yada yada. The shrinks love to make up new mental disorders and if they can blame it on weed and get kids hooked on the speed they like prescribing that it is the best of all possible worlds for them.

• Like Like x 2
  10. I agree and I disagree.
    I don't like when people act like cannabis is some hard drug.
    But I also don't like when people act like it's perfect and cannot possibly cause issues with anyone ever.
    Some people are predisposed to abuse/addiction, and I think it's been proven that one can get hooked on nearly anything. The same way people feel weird if they suddenly stop drinking soda can apply here.
    These effects are very real, but the issue lies with the amount of use. I think the take-home message here is that everything occurs in moderation. Everyone has to learn their limit, and some of us are better than others.

No, those things aren't helping with immediate legalization. But perhaps these are issues that need to be brought up. So, these findings can benefit us in the long haul and make for safer ways to enjoy cannabis.

Here's to a happy medium :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. I never heard of weed panic attacks or any of that other shit until I posted here. It makes me laugh though.

• Like Like x 4
  12. I dont think they hurt legalization just posting here at gc, I think they are a great example of why we need legalization. 99.9% of the people posting things like this are kids that cant handle themselves, much less handle themselves on weed.
    The media here has tried time and again to over sensationalize various stories of kids being stupid and the majority of the people understand that the were just a dumbass kid. Of coarse the anti-pot people try to jump on board but the only people that really pay them any attention is their own inner circle.

13. #13 blaze1221, Jul 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2015
    Yea well, it's much harder for some to use moderately. Especially youngsters smoking just for fun. How can you blame them though? Withdrawals are real problems. Especially with the easily obtainable information (internet) youngsters are accustomed to. Alcohol withdrawal is much worse than weed and people abuse alcohol all the time.

Hopefully, youngsters will learn once they get older and smoke more responsibly.

14. Im one of the younger guys on here😃. My biggest complaint is when i run out of the ganj it is 10x harder to fall asleep. I cant blame it on the weed tho because before I smoked sleep was already a problem and ive been toking up before bed for about 4 years now.

15. OP If they're not hurting anyone who gives a fuck? Why do you care?

Btw, you're the one complaining. There are plenty of older smokers out there who are baked all the time. Typical boomer generational bias, all high and mighty.

• Like Like x 1
  16. #16 PatrickXy6dC, Jul 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2015
    I'm, not complaining about being baked all the time. I'm complaining about people who can't handle their cannabis and tell the world. I guess you know all about bias, showing it yourself and all.

• Like Like x 2
  17. I'm relatively young, and I once (when I was 16) tried to smoke 2 joints a day for a week. Surprise surprise, it sucked... [​IMG] MJ is way more fun if it's used with moderation, otherwise it starts to get boring, especially if you do it and then sit on your ass all day...

18. i think alot of it is attention grabbing alot of those types of threads are almost exact clones of each other

19. since this topic is more of a statement rather than a question, and a very opinionated one at that, I'd like to offer some insight.

most of the young blades these days don't smoke to get high anymore, they smoke to get f*cked up, superstoned.

so instead of hitting a bowl or a joint, they might be smoking 2 or 3 blunts, then posting that they "cant breathe"

I think people find it hard to think for themselves these days, so they have to get in subconcious compettitions between freinds on who can hold their weed.

All in all, smoke less, enjoy more!

good luck bladez

• Like Like x 2
  20. Marijuana is not for everybody. Just like other drugs are not for everybody. The problem is that it is so popular, the peer pressure to be a "cool stoner" is tremendous. If you can't handle it, then don't smoke it. I cannot handle alcohol very well so I don't drink it.

Marijuana works wonders for some people, like me. I have never had a problem with it.

• Like Like x 1