Stereotype: Wicca

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Willow1138, Jul 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #41 Carne Seca, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2015
    Not only that. I've noticed that her posts have different time stamps. Other duplicate threads have identical time stamps. I don't know why she feels the need to lie about it. Maybe she's afraid she'll get banned? She's new. I'm sure the mods take that into account and will let her off with an infraction or just a warning. Yes it is clearly copying and pasting. I'm one of the few that have no interest in bashing her. She does have some good insight when she applies herself. I just found her fabrication a bit odd.

2. I think she's trying to be playful. I for one appreciate tht

But she hasn't been treated well by the forum so far, keep tht in mind

After all it takes a new member a few weeks to adapt to the environment of a forum

Keep posting Willow, and remember everyones beliefs and ideas r crapped on here. It's a good life lesson tho. Learning how to deal with criticism even when it's directed at your most fundamental beliefs

Sent from my phone

3. yup

Its the internet

Haters gonna hate

Willow- Get over it! We've all.had our share of hate, specially us conspiracy nuts

-yuri

4. #44 Deleted member 281310, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
    It's hilarious how you remind me of someone who i know in real life. Anyway the first half seems very passive aggressive and the second half seems like an interesting lifestyle. Not much else I've heard of wiccans but never cared to search up or read on it because it called out to me RELIGION every time i heard it being referenced. wicca wicca like a lighter flickin thread blowin up like a wicca factory

i swear ima find my hemp wick and smoke a few bowls with it cuz now im thinking about it

5. It's unfortunate how little people know about Wicca and all the misconceptions, that's literally the only reason I posted this thread. Just to try to help end the stereotypes and to help enlighten those who actually care to understand Wicca better.

I myself thought pretty much all of those stereotypes to be true myself, before I became Wiccan.

My friend suggested I look into it and I just laughed, thinking it's about devil worship and satanic rituals, casting spells pointy hats and brooms. But I was SO wrong.

You smoke with hemp too? :) I've never met anyone else to do that.

6. Thank you :) that's actually very refreshing to hear, and for the record, I have no problem with you, never have.
    The people I named were just the people that continuously reappear in my threads, and unfortunately, seem to have only negative things to say thus far; I wanted them to be aware that this was an attempt
    at a peaceful, educational thread and I wasn't looking for a big nasty debate.
    So much for that though

7. I still have no idea what it means to be a Wiccan. Sounds like a hippie identity crisis.

8. Lmao, you've gotten closer than anyone else here. Not an identity crisis though. I finally know who I am, what I believe and how I want to live my life.

This thread was about Wiccan Stereotypes, if anyone cares to know what it means to be Wiccan then that would have to be another thread entirely, and I doubt there are enough of you that legitimately care and I'm not wasting my time getting into the details.

9. What I don't get is why you need to consider yourself to be a Wiccan if you're only in it for the "lifestyle". That'd be like if someone said they were a cannibal.. but don't actually eat people, they just like the lifestyle of cannibals apart from eating people.

There is such a thing as being a human. I'm not much of a follower of isms, but humanism is the closest I'll get. If you just about treating your fellow man and Earth with tender feelings, just be a human being. Follow yourself, not a label.

10. Yeah extremely good point. It's like calling yourself a stoner,but never smoking weed at all. Just buying marijuana leaf posters and buying bongs but not using them lol 😂😂

11. This this this.

12. I don't necessarily agree, only because I follow the things that Wiccans do. So if I was a cannibal, I WOULD be eating people right now.

I just don't consider Wicca a religion.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1436800271.236898.jpg

We don't believe in a superhuman controlling power. We don't worship anyone. We don't have churches or places or worship. Etc.

Some people would argue that Wicca is a religion, I just personally don't feel that way. The best way for me to describe it would be to say that it is a lifestyle, which is why used that word.

13. #53 Deleted member 281310, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
    Yes follow yourself but in a world where there are billions of selfs actually endless in my opinion but at least maybe you can understand there being at least billions than how can you not expect to want to relate to a label and that's simply it. labeling is peacocking it's the essence of society like sex and communication/language they are all the same things and that's why sexuality and religion are such controversial filled realms. And i agree to follow yourself but as a species we can't resist labeling in relation. It's all love even when labels hurt because there are no wrong sides to wars(politics is the other controversial one) because both sides fight for what they consider "right". Labels are just words they can be taken into so many perspectives and change the subject matter itself and so people will always battle labeling. Building blocks, foundations, labels are just higher senses of self in my opinion they aren't bad if used wisely. Though i guess you know that since you labeled yourself a humanist.

14. As for being myself, I am being myself. This is how I choose to be and the life I choose to live.
    If I continued to live this way but went around saying I wasn't Wiccan I'm just being me, people would tear me a new one; at that point I'd be one of those annoying hipsters... "I'm quirky and unique! Tehe! I don't follow the crowd! ️"

*puke*
    I live the Wiccan lifestyle, I must call myself a Wiccan.

15. That's the thing.. just because you call yourself a Wiccan, but don't follow the religious aspects of it, doesn't mean all Wiccans do. You keep saying we, but I remember seeing in one of these 374 Wicca threads.. the other Wiccan girl said that it is a religion. They have many religious practices.. forming covens with priests and priestesses, worshipping the moon God and horned God.. and performing chants and magick. You don't do that stuff, the stuff that entails Wicca.. but many Wiccans do. That is what makes them a Wiccan.. and hopping on the internet to dispel stereotypes about Wiccans when you don't actually practice the religious aspects of Wicca isn't going to help your "fellow" Wiccans, only yourself.

16. She's very off putting and is not forming a good image of wiccans in my head.

17. I've known a couple Wiccans when I was younger.. so I already know they're like everyone else. You got some who are devout to Wicca, some who follow certain aspects while laughing at other aspects.. and while I never met one, I'm sure there are Wiccan extremists just like all other religions.

But you're right, she doesn't paint a very good image of Wiccans. Just from the little I've gathered from all these threads, she is rather new to Wicca and just coming out of organized Christianity/Catholicism. Because she considers religion to be organized from the get go and since she personally doesn't organize with Wiccans and participate in actual Wicca beliefs, she doesn't consider Wicca to be a religion.. and when you keep saying something isn't something when that something actually is, you do more harm than good.

18. I'm getting really sick of people saying I'm new to this, Catholicism turned me to Wicca and that I've just dropped Catholicism.
    Seriously, get your facts straight before you talk shit. All of you. I'm sick of the assumptions and the misinformation and the opinions you're basing off the misinformation that you're fellow blades are giving you.

I dropped Catholicism when I was 8.
    I have been Wiccan for 7 years.
    My dropping Catholicism has absolutely nothing with my deciding to go with Wicca.
    Apples and oranges.

19. But on the other hand, I've really been enjoying all of us agreeing on something for once. I love getting called out with my fellow blades haha

20. I shouldn't have to get into my personal life and defend myself, but you leave me no choice when you're all assuming shit and talking about these things like they're proven facts you all know. You're all acting just as ignorant as you say I am.

Why don't you stop the hypocrisy yeah?

That's all I've gotten so far since joining GC, it's laughable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.