The Present - most interesting book ever?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by thegreenersIde, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Hey bros...
    I want to talk here about a book that really got me thinking. It's free also, which is always an attractive [​IMG]
    It has all these crazy connections between the Bible and it's ideas as well, but the Bible is there just to support information; you can read it without any religion in it at all. There are two versions of it; you can read one if you hate religions (as I understand many people do) or the other if you're convinced the Bible makes sense in a metaphorical way.
    Im gonna post a quote here:

"Immortality: "It is impossible to be conscious of being unconscious."<br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 18px; line-height: normal; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"><br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 18px; line-height: normal; text-align: justify; background-color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">It is not possible to be aware of being unconscious from your own perspective.You cannot be aware of not being aware. You can be less aware/conscious, such as when you are asleep, but not completely unconscious (dead), because time would stand still for you. A billion years could pass, and you would not know it."
    (excerpt) - from The Present, a free book at www.truthcontest.com

What do you think? Agree or disagree?
    Interesting to say the least...

2. That is to say, then, that all conscious activity was or is conscious from the point of creation. So, we are all as old as creation/nothingness/everything. How does consciousness get created? I would liken it to matter where it cannot be created nor destroyed.

Not being conscious of your unconsciousness is like a riddle (or whatever the proper term for this may be). The issue lies in relating to "this" form of consciousness which is all we can agree on, while there may be more "levels" of consciousness that we are not so attuned to seeing.

Did not dive deeply into the link, my Apologies.

3. another one of those "eternal life-we're all special and beautiful-the universe was made for us" beliefs

4. Oh, it's you guys again.

I remember we had a run-in with 'The Present' a few years ago, resulting in the ban of two users (who were posting on GC solely to advertise their book/website).

Just wanted to chime in and say "Hi" and that I remember you and your website.

I wish I could go back and find the posts where I was personally threatened to be doxxed, but I guess I will just have to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that either:

A.) This user whose first post is about 'The Present' is actually not one of the two users who were previously banned for pushing their book on the forums and creating hostility.

or

B.) You have actually changed and, after taking some time away from GC, will now respect the forum rules and not post solely to advertise your website/book.

I guess we'll see. :)

5. #5 TesseLated, Jul 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2015
    [​IMG]^^^

...and yes...we actually are all special, beautiful, and eternal... [​IMG]

6. OOOOOOooooohhhhh buddy got served. *snaps fingers while holding other hand on yapper*