Making the switch

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by OCHydroponics, Jul 11, 2015.

1. Never read that DIY! Thanks!
    Good luck using it. Mines a larger version it seems!
    made out of a 2 gallon sports cooler. 45lpm air pump

2. #42 BrassNwood, Jul 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2015
    I use a square 3x3x3 cup rather then a solo cup.. IMO the squares promote better root branching as I don't find the roots all coiled at the bottom like I do using solo cups.. The short squares are far more stable as well.. Solos are tippy as can be and I knocked over way more then my share.. Your local hydro shop should have a good selection of pot sizes and shapes.. it's where I get mine.. Ya he's a bit higher on some stuff but they stock what I need and usually price match the net so I try shopping local when I can
    [​IMG]

3. Thanks for the feedback
    I will go grab some of those today, I've always used solo cups but time to switch it up!
    My soil mix for the seedlings first 2 weeks or so is 2 parts happy frog and 1 part perlite
    I had this happy frog bag laying in my garage for about 2 months and figured I may as well use it

4. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1437452327.925198.jpg

Blue Berry

The other 2 took the transplant well and are vivid green with no problems what so ever
    This blue berry still has some weird colored leaves and I haven't seen the same growth patter as the other 2
    TP shock?

5. Looks hungry, top her with EWC should green up

6. Wow didn't think she would be hungry so quick
    What would a long term fix for something like this be? I thought the OF would have enough

7. The blueberry pheno is a finicky bitch. She is slow to grow. Requires special attention in my garden.

8. #48 OCHydroponics, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2015

Sounds good, I'll pay special attention to her
    She's definitely not as vigorous as the others

I didn't get a chance to mix in bu compost
    Can that be used and applied the same way as earthworm castings?
    What's the nutritional value difference?

9. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1437558817.521539.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1437558917.895473.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1437558939.564976.jpg

Jack Herer
    RHSS
    Blue berry in that order

RHSS grows everyday
    She's a vigorous bitch

Everything looks great!
    I'm watering tomorrow :)

10. Working at a bank my hours always conflict with nurseries and farm supply
    I finally thought ahead and bought an extra 40 pounds of EWC and my German Shepherd fucks it up. Haven't been able to get EWC for the BlueBerry and I'm here until 5 pm today
    I gotta get these damn EWC!!

11. Ever think about making you're own EWC?

12. I have and know of the place to pick them up but I haven't researched into it Enough to go through with it
    How long does it take for a considerable amount of castings?

13. I have no clue on how long I just built my first worm bin gotta still get the worms :)

14. Easy as using a storage tote? I'm definitely gonna read into this
    I'd have to make sure my German shepherd doesn't get to it lol
    I also read this about speeding up the production of the worms
    Sounds interesting
    I just don't know how much it will be for all this lol because of course my budget is everything

I just picked up a smaller 3x3 tent
    The 4x4 is just too large for my room and takes up a nice chunk
    I figure with the 3x3 I'll be able to maximize the 600 watts and utilize SCROG!!
    Comes with neat window zippers, I know where my box fan will be!

15. I was told not to use plastic so I made one out of wood. It cost me zero to build used a bunch of scrap wood.

16. #56 OCHydroponics, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2015

I'll look into it more
    Thanks for the idea
    From what I've read so far it's much better than store bought bags like dam near everything else
    15 bucks for 1000 worms seems pretty good too

17. Setting up an appointment with the seedvault of California
    Going to pick up a pack of bodhi SSDD and mothers milk

18. Don't stress my brother!

19. #59 ladyluckybean, Jul 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
    was it actually plastic or was it more because the totes caused moisture issues ie holding too much? i have a flow through bin using a rolling garbage can. makes moving a piece of cake plus it can hold a large quantity and the bottom is just a grill so water flows through and oxygen gets to the bottom part. coot said somewhere that he has a flow through and thought they worked best. i
    can't remember his reasoning though. mine looks like this: http://api.ning.com/files/PtDDBqzyRHPOMcAMOOLAxfnrD*DAi6w2JGw9Hrbz5bHLUMdZZ5jo4eSOqNXSjigAqSwwDripCvHa*JpG5rQyDLBvzUSb0G09/FlowThroughGrids.png
    I wasn't even trying to find this info but
    [​IMG]

20. Just picked up from SVoC. Nice dude
    Got a free shirt and pipe along with Sunshine Daydream, Silver Mountain, Blueberry Mountain and TTNL x Appalachia
    Only packs I paid for are the SSDD and Silver Mountain