Any fellow Wiccans out there?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Willow1138, Jul 11, 2015.

1. like when people feel an unusual feeling in their head and assume its a third eye?

Or when your right hand feels warm to you and therefore you must have strong chakara in that hand?

Or when you are lights in the sky and they must be spaceships?

Personal experience is nothing to base beliefs on. You should question everything yes, but question yourself more.

If you cannot demonstrate the truth to others, why believe IR yourself? Its called delusion

-yuri

2. I cannot demonstrate what my experiences because not everybody believes in what I believe and therefore they will not see things the way I see it.

3. so in order to see truth you must believe in it first? Isn't that backwards?

To realize truth you must first question yourself. The human brain has an amazing ability to fabricate reality

-yuri

4. my beliefs aren't for anyone else there for myself. I shouldn't have to show other people either either they will believe how I believe it I won't believe that I believe

5. you are right. They are for you and you don't need to justify to anyone.

I just think its odd that people base their beliefs on personal delusions, and always resort to "you just don't see it my way" when confronted.

You might as well believe in unicorns. No one can tell you otherwise and its just for you anyway

-yuri

6. you really wouldn't believe me if I told you my experiences, so why would I go into detail about my experience with was someone who won't believe me anyway

7. I'm interested in your experiences and what you have to say for what it's worth.

8. I think you are missing the point.

I'm simply asking anyone who believes in anything supernatural to first question themselves.

Science is the only truth by definition because all things happen for a reason.

-yuri

9. Why do we needto question ourselves?

10. #30 killset, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2015
    "Supernatural powers (as magic)"
    I totally believe nature is all powerful, as humans we have yet to learn the extent of how powerful nature can be. We may never know what nature is capable of
    I stopped believing in magic when I found out my uncle really wasn't pulling coins out of my ear when I was a child

Attached Files:

11. Had a cuzin that believed in "Wiccan" she was one of the most kind hearted people I've ever known until last year when she hung herself with I circle of red and white candles around her. Some people said the candles were to help with some kind of "spell" to make sure she ended up with her boyfriend that died in a car crash two years before. Now I don't know if any of that stuff is real but my cuzin sure did believe in it and I just hope she's in a better place now and not judged by some "god" at some "pearly gates".....

"That's all I have to say about that"
    - Forest Gump
    Lol

12. Bless Be to your sister

13. Cousin but thanx :)

14. Have u heard of a ritual like that?

15. to be secure in your beliefs

-yuri
    and also because the truth is most commonly hidden by our own braid first

-yuri

16. Personally no. But it bet its probably a thing. If she wanted to spend forever with him, that would one way to make their spirits to connect.

18. #38 Deleted member 281310, Jul 14, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2015
    haha my man august west called it... Wicca wicca lika lighta flicka thread blowin up lika hemp wick system.

on the other hand apparently Wiccans believe in magic Aleister Crowley defined magic as "the science and art of causing change to occur in conformity with will" and in this sense i do believe in magic.

though believing in magic and practicing magic are two completely different things. The area where i struggle with this concept is that just by believing in magic i am practicing it. It seems of a sort of mixture of faith and free will taken to an extreme level of practice. But yeah you called it august west it screams religion and for that i'm out.

19. I too am interested in hearing, but to start a thread with negative criticism is counter productive towards having a genuine discussion about wicca and religion in general. Nobody needs a reason to believe anything but when the bashing comes out, it is guaranteed the thread will go to shit. Rather than discussing the differences between the religions, why not talk about the positive similarities. Try to unite and understand rather than create further division and misinformation.

"You must understand that there is more than one path to the top of the mountain." - Miyamoto Musashi

20. In addition, we need to all understand that we are all different. We all have a bias, we all have beliefs, we all want to think our way is the correct way. Don't judge entire religions based on the individual actions of people. We're all humans. We're all flawed.

And to end with another quote;

"If a man is offered a fact which goes against his instincts, he will scrutinize it closely, and unless the evidence is overwhelming, he will refuse to believe it. If, on the other hand, he is offered something which affords a reason for acting in accordance to his instincts, he will accept it even on the slightest evidence. The origin of myths is explained in this way." - Bertrand Russell