~Help me out Grasscity, first time grower here~

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SirSmokesAlotta420, Jul 10, 2015.

1. From what I can tell it's normal. Seedlings can do wierd and unusual things at time. Im currently growing "fast and Vast" and some did the same thing. Now that they're a little older all is normal. Make sure your RH, PH, and temps are good.
    Also make sure the medium is damn near dried out before you water

2. #42 ThePiranha, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    My inherited plant, well plant now.. It was a sunburned stretched seedling when I got it. It does the same thing. My issue that I know of is that it's way too damn hot in the room I'm growing it in.

3. my highest Temps are lower then 83 degrees

4. Google "wavy cannabis leafs" and youll see examples that look exactly like your babies. Don't get too worried yet. Chances are in two weeks or less your problem will be gone

5. thanks scooter from everything I've read it sounds like heat stress might be the culprit so I'm going to either move the lights up or pots down lol the 2nd option would be easier lol.

6. Is it possible to have heat stress with highs under 83? I immediately thought heat stress, but Im new here and still trying to get my diagnosing down so Im not surprised if Im wrong. Im growing a bagseed at the moment, nothing special; soil doesnt even have perlite or any aeration meduim in it. My bottom leaves actually browned (probably nitrogen deficiency, not using nutes either) and I just pulled them off at the point I was sure they werent helping the plant anymore. I also over-watered and caused a gnat infestation lol. My point is Ive made a lot of mistakes thus far and Im lightyears ahead of where i was two weeks ago using this forum and youtube.

I will however, share this newb advice with you, though im sure you are already aware. Preparation is key and if you half ass your grow, you will half ass your results. Ive actually learned a lot by seeing it happen firsthand with my bagseed so dont be too discouraged if one seedling takes a turn for the worst and gives you new issues to deal with. Anyways good luck man, I still have a few weeks before I will feel ready to take on my first actual grow, so ill be following yours in the meantime.

7. I appreciate it brother, going on day 10! I moved the plants down more away from the light, some weren't stretching at all anymore lol leafs on leaves. Well see how they look tomorrow and I'll post more pics.

8. as promised here they are on day 10 and they look healthy to me but they are growing funky as hell!! Is this normal lol?

Attached Files:

9. They're pretty!

10. looking on track? Thanks scooter they aren't as sexy as your big mommas though.. [​IMG]

11. That's just the difference between cfls and hids. Don't sweat it. Your going to have a successful grow with cfls just a little smaller yield, but most importantly the experience gained is priceless!

12. yeah I'm just working with cfls for now I really do want to go hid/mh but I can't with the box I built for sure.. Everyone including myself would punch me in the face to know how much $ I've spent for what little I have to show for it lol but I've learned alottttt everyday since then so it's definitely a learning experience for sure! Also I've mentioned in a earlier post me and my girlfriend are waiting to move into a new apartment and are staying at her grandparents for now so I am waiting to see what size area I'll be able to use when we move :) this overly designed box is going to be for my seedlings and clones once the big ones move out.

13. Bwahahahaha does grandma know bout the tweeds?... Lol

14. lmfao they are actually on vacation for a couple months so we got the place to ourselves :) but her grandparents smoke just as much as we do lol so I doubt they would mind at all. All a power I can use and no electricity bill! :) lol and anyways these are all actually bag seed but I got them all out of an ounce of green crack that was supposed to be the real deal from Colorado so we'll see :/ even though I can tell some are short and fat leaves and others are long and skinny.. So wtf haha.

15. so it's the end of day 11 and the 4 plant's are getting huge! I just watered them tonight to a light run off on all of them cause my soil was really dry, tested the run off at a pH of 5.9 so it's getting better. I also added another fan and 4 more clfs and changed all my clfs to 6500k it's bright as fuck lol.

scooter do you have anymore pics of your babies to compare?

16. Yeah I'll snap some tomorrow when I get off work. Glad to hear your doing great. The world can never have enough cannabis!

17. awesome I'll post some pics then tomorrow too and see if they blow up with the drink and more light

18. so here we are on the morning of day 12 and the babies loved their drink last night! I walked in this morning and they were all just bright green and bushy :)

Attached Files:

19. Wow!!! Yeah looking great boss!

20. thanks brother c: got any pics of yours up from today?