Question about ceramic dab nail and my bong

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by DroMontesino, Jul 10, 2015.

1. What's up GC. I'm curious to know if using my C2 custom creations bong with a ceramic nail is bad?? I've noticed that after long term use, the GonG joint feels a little loose (with both ceramic nail and my glass slides). I think my butane torch is heating it to the point that it's expanding my glass joint. Is this possible? Can I stop it from expanding or at least slow it down?
    Only thing I can think of, is heating up my nail before placing it in the joint, but that shit's HOT. I guess use my oven mitt to place it in joint?? Thanks in advance for your responses.

2. Hey DroMontesino,

Yes the heat can be causing the piece to expand and eventually could cause that joint to break, you will want to get a drop down adapter or an adapter to raise the accessory up from the actual joint of the piece. I recommend using an adapter with nails on any piece because it reduces the amount of heat transferred to you piece and some can even eliminate this heat transfer. Please feel free to let me know if you have any other questions, I hope this helped you!

3. That's actually a great idea lol. Thanks grasscity, I appreciate that. I think I have one laying around.

4. I am glad to help anytime, take care DroMontesino!

5. I had to use my 18mm to 14, and then 14 to 18 to make it work, but it hit great, and I was able to remove it from the joint after a few dabs and no heats. Thanks again brother.

6. Glad that worked for you buddy, enjoy!

7. this has nothing to do with this thread.

upon inspection of your forum avatar i pooped a little. what in the almighty fuck is that a picture of exactly? [​IMG]

8. Lol that caught me off guard. It's actually a skinned pig head.. I know, it looks creepy as shit, I love it lol