Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Help Discussing Medical Marijuana With My New Doctor - Illinois

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by GreenCoolWeather, Jul 10, 2015.

1. #1 GreenCoolWeather, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2015
    Hello,

I am only 24 years old and I do suffer from seizures the last grand mal seizure I had was back in 2007(Which I think I had one around 2 weeks ago as I woke up on the floor with blood on the floor from a cut my pinky toe), in 2009 I was taken off my meds by an older doctor(which I dont see anymore as hes a kids neurologist doctor(RHS)) for the longest time I thought I out grew the seizures and just recently in the last month and couple of weeks I had 2 small seizures (about a week apart) where I did bite my tongue the 1st one wasnt as bad as the 2nd one I had where it took over a week where I could talk normal again. After I found out about having the 1st one I did go to the ER and they gave me an prescription for pain meds(which I used after both seizures) and get me started back on my old meds which I believe is no longer working. Istarted smoking marijuana in 2009 threw October of last year(2014) do to problems being able to get any (the person I used to get it from we no longer speak do to other reasons) and had not had any seizures during the entire time I smoked marijuana. The reason why I even started smoking it was because of back pain as I am spina bifida(which I know is not covered under Illinois MMJ), I had 2 back surgeries when I was a kid one by knife and one by laser and luckily one of the very few that can walk normal.
    I am going to be seeing a new doctor(a neurologist(RHS)) and I am nervous because I tried to talk to my primary doctor(SAHS) and she said that the hospital currently told them to not write a written certification for medical marijuana card because they are waiting to see how it plays out 1st with other hospitals in the area. The new neurologist is located at a different hospital(The same hospital system that I went to as a kid but I am going to see an adult neurologist) in my area and I am needing a written certification for my seizures as I believe its what stopped/treated them for so long. Instead of being put on 100 different types of medications and fighting it until some new medication works. (I don't want to go into a grand mal because I could die as I do live alone). I was wondering whats the best way to start the conversation with this new doctor? Or should I just fight threw the new medications until something new works?