Meaningful hip hop / rap

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by Michaelllll, Jul 10, 2015.

1. I really want to start a topic for meaningful hip hop music, it's my favourite sub genre in hip hop, a lot of the times it's all flashy clothes and material objects but I want this to be for those meaningful hip hop songs that hit hard and are relatable.

I'll kick it off with a few songs

My story - Phora
    The love project (album and song are both gold) - Tunji Ige

Leave your suggestions below :)

2. dead prez

that is all

3. mac miller - kool aid and frozen pizza

4. Id go with eyedea personally. Sadistik is also a fantastic writer and has grown into quite the mc over the years

5. Gonna give them a listen soon

Yeah I love Aesop Rock :)

6. Also there's a song called "the lake effect" by Qwel and maker, it never fails to give me goosebumps

7. Yeah if you like Aesop rock you'll appreciate eyedea and sadistik, also grieves is good but a little different than the straight hip hop style of the others mentioned

8. Although Aesop Rock is definitely great, his lyrics are way too much for my small ears. Joey Badass is a rapper who I think is meaningful without being too complicated for me. You should give him a listen. His Summer Knights Ep is good. His voice makes the lyrics interesting.

9. some deep shiz

10. Deltron 3030, L'Orange has got some good concept albums, Gang Starr is hella real and actually gives a shit about a positive message, MADVILLAIN also has some good shit as far as all that's concerned, too.

11. Logic will give you goosebumps