Ebb Flow Experimental Run

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by OrganicallyStoned, Jul 8, 2015.

1. So I've been trying to find out the best way to produce a lot of bud as fast as possible. I got 4 ounces off one plant in my 5 gallon dwc. It was my first grow and one plant.

This time around I've got 9 plants in a flood table. It flood for an hour and is shut off for 3 hours. Running 516w split between T5HO and a 300w LED. Lights are on 24 hours straight.

Plants are now about 2 weeks old. I honestly was hoping they'd be 12" tall and ready to flower by now but unfortunately my tallest is 6".

Let me know what you all think. This is my second real grow, and first ever with Ebb & Flow.

1436387082997.jpg 1436387091098.jpg 1436387100689.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 OrganicallyStoned, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2015
    Also if this looks promising come harvest time I'll expand it a little more to a true 4x4 table. 8" tall table with 5" net pots. I'll put two 900w LEDs, which is way overkill but doable.

This method should produce 81 plants in a SOG. Probably try 40 first to make sure it doesn't get too big.

It's all still a work in progress but I'm excited to see where it leads me to. I'd love to own my own shop someday lol.

3. Pulled the little one there in the middle today. It's leaves were all funky looking and shit and had tons of white spots all over it. The other 8 are growing strong and showing preflowers. I think I might start flowering in the next week or so. Any opinions?

4. Im going to try 6 plants in a 4x4 area in an ebb and flow set up (buckets) i was going for 18 inches before starting flower....

5. I may do one more run before I make my 4x4 table. I need a little more cash to get the led's I want. After that I'll have 40 plants in a 4x4 under 1800w and SOG and see where that takes me.

6. Hey man, welcome to the world of ebb and flow! I've been runnen this method for quite a while now. Check out my journal, might find some useful information. I don't think you really need to wait to flip em, they're gonna grow much more than you think. I've made the mistake of waiting a couple times and makes for a big headache! Also, if you're gonna run 40 in w 4x4, you definitely don't wanna veg much cause they'll be fighting each other for space.

7. Thanks! Always nice to take advice from someone experienced.

My goal is to run 81 plants in a 4x4. I was thinking let them get 12" tall then flower. You think I should flip when they're around 6-8"? I've never done single cola SOG before.

8. I've been runnen tables for some years now, feel free to ask any questions. I wish I had a place like this years ago. Could of avoided many mistakes and done much better than i was. Certain strains are gonna work better for that style grow. But regardless if you're doing 40 or 80, I wouldn't wait to get 12". Flood n drain has a growth rate that exceeds every other technique that I've personally even seen. My last run was doing close to 3" in a 24 hr cycle. And it was a full three inches, not a thin three stretch if that makes any sense. Shit adds up real quick. I just found a perfect strain for the SOG with single colas. I currently have a 6x3 with 34. I'm gonna try to double that with these new genetics.

9. I've done a few dwc that made it to harvest. My last one was the only one worth smoking. I thought dwc growth was insane until I tried the table. I've never seen a plant 2 weeks old and this big. Not really tall but I'm getting nodes every 3/4" apart and bushing like crazy.

My plans are Thc Bomb 81 in the 4x4 and super silver haze and granddaddy purple in a different tent off to themselves for my enjoyment.

I can't figure out a viable method to take 80 clones at once so I've decided to breed my own plants. I'll put a daddy in with about 3 or 4 females and let nature do it's thing and hopefully have more seeds than I know what to do with of each strain.

If you don't mind my asking what strain is your perfect strain for single cola you talked about?

Also subbed to your journal. Only on page 3 of 40 now but very informative!

10. #10 Peflora, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2015
    Let me address your comment 'as fast as possible'. I developed a method that lets me flood/fed EVERY hour 24/7, with zero root/plant issues.

Sub to my thread to watch her finish

Attached Files:

11. Subd up. Im about done with my first hydro attempt and I'm definately satisfied but this is on my list next haha. What was your lighting like on the 4 oz plant?

12. Post a link to your thread and I'll definitely sub up! Got me interested with the flood/feed schedule. My timer only allowed me 8 programs a day so I had to figure out something.

13. Thanks! I had 2 led's and a T5HO 4 bulb setup. The led's were from ebay one was 300w one was 180w and the t5s were 216w.

14. Link s in my signature, or search in the hydro section

15. Sorry man, forgot to mention it earlier but I'm going with bubble queen from IRG. I have one now that I just threw in dirt and put next to my table and its just one straight cola. I'll put up a pic a lil later. I've not given her much attention and again, she's been off to the side so no direct light. But i also have one OD and another in my mom room which i had to force to branch out . I've actually been looking quite a while for this particular strain. It was the first I ever ran in dro over 20 yrs ago. Grows like a x mas tree farm!

16. #16 OrganicallyStoned, Jul 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2015
    Last night I began flowering so today is day 1 of flower. Will update with pics when I get home from work :( I wish I could just grow weed all day and not have to work a "real job" lol

17. subbed for flower!! Lol

18. Thanks! Had a small problem yesterday. Took my drain pipe out of the res so I could check pH and water level. Went to smoke and forgot to put it back in. It pumped about 10 gallons in my floor :( all cleaned up and back up and running!

Thank god my lights are still ok because their plugs were under water.

19. wow!!! Lucky yiu didnt get zapped brother

20. Sorry I haven't gotten pics put up. Been having some more trouble with leaks. Finally got it all solved and running nicely.

There haven't been too many changes but I did put a different white rhino in the table. It was flowering and was female but started having pollen sacs grow above the female growth. I cut the entire stem off above the female parts. Do yall think it'll just grow more male parts or not change at all?

1436897585523.jpg 1436897593515.jpg