First ever grow... main line attempt take one

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by DDom, Jul 7, 2015.

1. IT'S HERE!!!!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. I still don't have anything setup though. I had unexpected family come in from out of state, so I'm behind. It is under some super weak 12w cfl... I figured it was seedling so it will be OK for a week there till it gets some leaves.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I'm a little worried... it has been a day and it is crazy tall. I don't know if this is the streching, or if it is normal. I put it under a 150w 6500k cfl for now. Probably a week. What do y'all think?

Attached Files:

4. dont over water it. are there holes on the bottom of that cup?

5. there is. I only do a splash when I do water. In the pic it was dry but looks soaked... no idea why

• Like Like x 1
  6. #26 DDom, Jul 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2015
    36 hours ago

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  7. And today... not sure what went wrong. I have it propped up and plan on adding more soil when I get home.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  8. #28 helion, Jul 22, 2015
    Looks too wet in that cup. Next time use peat pellets in a dome and wait til they turn light brown before watering. Its like a visual indicator of exactly when to water, and plus the air gets to the roots extremely easily in those mesh peat pellets, making faster and healthier plants. Also you can transplant straight into a bigger pot once you see the roots coming out the bottom, root damage completely avoided.

• Like Like x 2
  9. will do. I had just watered it the day before. It was probably 3 days since I watered before that and it was pretty dry... guess I'll need it to dry out more. Thanks for the reply

10. #30 helion, Jul 22, 2015
    Looks like a lot of stretch is the light close enough? Stem needs support and a little breeze to strengthen it... just add soil all the way to about 1-2 cm from the leaves for support and you should be golden. And try to get that light close enough but not too close. And put a small fan when it grows a bit more

• Like Like x 1
  11. it has a fan on it, since probably 24-36 hours from it poping... and light is about 1-2 inches above it. It is a 6500k 42w cfl.

12. oh ok just add soil then to the top of the cup I think and it will be great. I'm an amateur though but that's what I would do.

how's Temps looking?

• Like Like x 1
  13. 74 all day, had been pretty humid though... tapering off now

14. gonna pop another bean on Sunday. Don't know what yet. But figured why not, it will be a waste of good light if I only had one going. Gonna water again tonight also. It's about due. I'll probably post another pic when I get home. I'm a little excited. It's looking really good to me.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Hows the stretchy one doing

• Like Like x 1
  16. fantastic, I'll get another pic when I get home

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  17. nice man... its beautiful. take care of it and DONT overwater it...

• Like Like x 1
  18. Just did water it a lil, but it was dry for 24 hours. I was questioning it 18 hours ago... bit I try to hold of from when I want to a little while.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. nice man it's about to take off

• Like Like x 1
  20. Oh it did...

24 hours!!!! I may be seeing things, but it don't even look the same

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1