Using a bong for beginners

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by boooooooonnggggggg, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Ok i have never used/hit a bong before, and i am looking to buy one but i m not sure ill know how to use it. Does the bong come with a bowl, or do i have to buy separate, and how do you clear it or just in general use it?

2. #2 BudButler, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2015
    since you made multiple threads ill go ahead and link to my reply http://forum.grasscity.com/collabs/1376282-using-b...

3. Bowl usually comes with bong and look up videos on how to rip it u rip it just like u think u would not very complicated

4. first, buy a glass bong. even if it is china dog shit glass, by a glass bong. even a good ol strait tube. as long as it is about 16 to 18 inches long you'll get hucking fammered off of it. use bottled water.

be sure to use ice when you can. only get something with one type of diffusion. why? because i said so and you will at some point add an ash catcher and if you have to much diffusion it makes it harder to hit when you add said ash catcher. i gave up my first Zob inline because of that. two 6 arm tree percs and a big ass inline. with an ash catcher it was just to fucking hard to hit it. like bong tokes on asthma blech... that and cleaning some crazy fucking beast will have you puling your hair out the first time you have to do it.

be sure the glass is thick {7mm is good but 5mm will do in a pinch if i remember right} and the joint has an 18mm female end on it. that way you can slide a plethora of different bowls or nails and shit on it. thick glass is key.

buy something to keep your bong in. an old guitar case works. all sorts of cases could work just be sure you have something.

use isopropyl alcohol to clean your bong. simply use a rubber band and plastic bag to tie off the end where your bowl goes. then fill the bong with the alcohol. how far you fill it is up to you. i go a few inches passed the level i fill the water too. once you added the alcohol, then use a rubber band and plastic to cover the other end so the alcohol doesn't evaporate and blow your house up and kill everyone inside. wait a few hours to over night and then empty the alcohol into a container that allows for air tight storage. you can reuse the alcohol again and again.

there ya go, a kick in the proverbial ass to get ya started my fellow stoner! [​IMG]

5. all I can say is there is a learning curve.

Most if not all bongs come complete. And to clear just take the bowl off. Draw till fresh air comes into your mouth then breath deeply asap.

Milk/ rip the bong till its full of smoke then clear. This is a base line thought.

Once you got it figured out then start taking slightly longer hits. And eventually you will know when your lungs are at that point in which you have enough breath left to clear the bong.

Slower draw ( milking) is better to some extent. It can make that gag reflex go away. And less liky to cough. But comes with experience and knowing your body.