Is this a real Roor?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by theleot, Jul 6, 2015.

1. #1 theleot, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2015
    Hi, I'm interested in buying a Roor and found this one, but due to my inexperience with them I'm not sure if this one is authentic or not,its a 18 inch beaker bottom roor,it has 3 ice pinches, and he claims its German glass. Also is the price decent he wants $240, should I try to bring it down?
    Is there anything I should check when I'm seeing it in person cause I know those pics aren't great and I'll be able to feel the glass

Attached Files:

2. Looks pretty good from the pics. $240 seems just under retail. I could probably pick that up new for around $270-300 Canadian.

3. #3 SmokeCartel, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2015
    Looks pretty legit to me, the pictures are a little out of focus so it is hard to tell for sure. Here are some guidelines:

The Signature
    Almost every RooR bong that is bought will come with a signature. If it doesn't that should be your first clue that it isn't real. Which side the signature is on doesn't make a difference. This also doesn't have anything to do with it being blown in the United States or Germany, it is just the blower preference. Since every signature is unique to its blower, you can't really look at it and tell if it is fake or not.
    • One of the signatures that has come up on many of fake RooRs is the dots hugging the joint.
    • So your first clue when walking into a head shop and seeing one of these would be to stay away from it because it's fake.
    The Logo
    • The color of the logo doesn't matter. Has nothing to do with it being real or fake.
    • The location does matter. Make sure the bottom of the R's are facing towards the left.
    • Some fake ones will have no trademarks at the top of the logo, or the logos flipped.
    • Position does matter. Make sure the logo doesn't go past the ice catchers or cover up a perc.
    • IF ANY OF THESE RULES ARE BROKEN, IT'S A FAKE ROOR. NO EXCEPTIONS.
    Ice Catcher

• Real RooRs have ONLY THREE ice pinches.
    • If you see a RooR that has four ice pinches, you right off the bat know that it is a fake and don't purchase it.
    • A lot of fake RooRs will have a huge gap between the ice pinches and top of the beaker, so make sure they look normal.
    General Tips
    • If you want a percolated RooR, make sure it has a splash guard, if it doesn't then it is fake.
    • Not all RooRs come with a diffused down stem, so if the RooR you are looking at doesn't have one, then don't assume its fake.
    • Just because you got a box that says RooR on it, doesn't mean that it is legit. Many people get their fake RooRs with a box, so they think its all authentic. Boxes are easy to fake.
    • Good glass is usually some what heavy, so pick it up and if it feels like thin cheap glass then it most likely is.

4. Alright cool ty guys, and ya I was planning to talk him down on price