need some help...much like all other first timers

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by tp13610, Jul 6, 2015.

1. i think the 1st is a mutant. its growing all weird and twisting its leaves around. suggestions?

the other looks good to me, but the tips of the 1st 2 leaves. no nutes yet, next watering will start

there are only 2 right now. started 5 but i left the shell on the leaf and they died. i changed from cfl to 250w MH. they are all in coco with perlite, GH nutes (not yet) calmag as needed, watered every 2-3 days (weight test) with the 10-20 percent run off. these were both planted on june 26th and transplanted from solo cup to 2 gallon smart pots.

i should say that last night i ordered a tent and fan system to get it out of my closet

any help on what i should or shouldnt do?

Attached Files:

2. Id be throwing them some nutes now. 0.6-1 ec for a few waters to see how they respond.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I think your biggest problem here is the growing medium you're using. That Coco isn't the easiest to deal with anyway, but I don't think I would try to start out my seedlings in it. Next time, use a good grow soil after you pop your seeds. All you have to do is water them in and wait. The soil should contain everything they need for them to grow and thrive until you up pot them into a larger container. Nutes on young seedlings spell death most of the time. Good luck. TWW

4. Sorry widow , can't agree with that. I myself have found it so easy, from seed to finish . Just make sure your ph is stable and you shouldn't have a problem. Start slow and build up EC. I understand what your saying widow, and I did the same. But the plants respond so much quicker .

5. i've seen it many time, but was is EC? wouldn't happen to be electrical current would it? i've got a city water ppm tester. tap water runs around 200ppm. now 200 of what, dont know. kinda generic

6. Yeah 200 is 0.4 EC I think. Which means there is only a tiny bit of salt , nothing to worry about. Those plants need a feed. About 1 EC - 500 ppm.

7. A lot of people have great results with ironhead's method here. He starts with 6ml of GH micro, and 9ml GH bloom and 1 gram epsom salt per gallon from seedling on.

8. Can't comment on this method , but his plants look nice.

9. all these plants have rooting issues

temps? most likely pythium of some form

10. this is one of the plants after transplanting, feeding at 1/4, and FiM'd the center. i FiM'd and fed about 36 hours ago. the very first 2 leaves look burnt and yellow'd. this i believe was from nute deficiency. that was on poor advice and poor planning on my part. i waited to long to start feeding. is there any trimming or training i should start doing? i would also appreciate any coloring i should take note of. i am color blind. for those who dont know anything about that i can see colors, just shading is a problem for me. this was taken under a 250w mh and galaxy note 4 with flash (if that matters for coloring)

Attached Files:

11. this is the other plant. i thought was a mutant and was thinking about killing it in the beginning. glad i didnt. this one also got 1/4 nutes and FiM'd about 36 hours ago. but this one grew weird and already had 2 different colas (i think) and i only FiM'd one side. was waiting for it to heal up. any suggestions on this one?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mate they look fine. Just keep feeding . Don't worry to much!! Id add a little iron maybe to the nutes.

13. thanks bamboo. I'm glad I didn't kill the one with 2 pics. I thought was a mutant and no hope. Now it's my favorite one. I call her Jean grey (from x-men)

14. Is always handy to have some sort of tonic for young ones, such as superthrive. Nutri boost - which is what I use. Or anything with a bit of B vitimans and minerals. I use as a foliar spray.Plants that are struggling or slow to root.