Getting LED finding real power output and other things (Autoflower)

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by kenny727, Jul 5, 2015.

1. So I'm looking to get an led light to help out an auto AK47 grow(maybe even take over for aerogarden lights) , I'm wondering how you determine the real wattage that hits the plant. Do you just count LEDS?

60 LEDs at 5 watts each that's 300 watts.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marshydro-300W-LED-Grow-Li...

This light here shows the same specs but then says 129 true watts.. Where does that number come from?
    Also I see it can cover a 2x2 foot square.. , BUT How much wattage to fully grow each auto?
    Or is it per area?
    Say 16" x 40" with 3 Auto Ak47
    How can you tell the height to place your fixture at?
    is there a LED diode wattage thats better then the others? I think I heard 3 watt not sure why tho.
    Red LED makes young Autos turn hermie?
    Is there a specific good color for Autos?
    Any other LED information would be great!

2. Bump.
    Anyone have input?

3. this is one of those things crappy LED companies do to misinform and lure in potential buyers. What that light does is put 300 watts of 5w diodes on the panel(cheap epi leds ) but only powers them with 3 50 w drivers which are not efficient as is, leaving you with an under powered veg lamp that really wont produce much in the way of weight during flower. Will it work for a closet grow in the area you specified, sure it'll grow 3 little Autos and if its ur first grow you will probably be happy with it, if ur trying to get each plant to produce an OZ or more your gunna want a Higher end Led or a HPS

4. this model is used for our ebay price war since some companies fake our lights and mislead customers so we make this one to get our customers back to the right track, we should not see the title of the item but should pay more attention to the spec, the actual draw power. It was 100x3w before now we upgraded it to 60x5w.

And bittercoldoldman is right, this model is good for starters to try out but if you want more powerful and bigger denser buds, you can check our Mars II series and reflector as well, but i'd like to recommend the Mars II series, especially good for flower.[​IMG]

5. Thanks for the response. I be happy with 2 nice autos so this will work for me..
    Depending on how good it is i might grab 2 more to finish lighting my box.
    I hear good things about the MarsHydro brand.. Going to find out for myself :)
    thanks again!

6. Good luck lights work ok but after a year you will see.

7. 3 plants in a 16" x 40" space? I would say 2 max

And buy a real led designed for cannabis