2 Bag seed plants flowering, got a question

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Gilman420, Jul 5, 2015.

1. #1 Gilman420, Jul 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2015
    Hello, I am pretty new to growing I have a few plants started this year. My two oldest are flowering right now or preflower not sure how you know. They are 3 weeks after their hairs came in off the pistols. I have gotten so much help from this site and I am so glad I came on here, because I found out how little I really knew LOL. I thought I knew how to grow medical shit cuz I watched some dvd's. But, I don't know shit lol. Anyway they are under a 400W HPS Apollo Lamp dimmed down to 75%. I got just one of them in a 5 gallon bucket with lots of drainage, the other is in a smaller plant pot not sure I would guess about 2 gallons maybe. Temp is from 80*F to 86*F with a RH of 30% to 40%. They have been stressed a bit because I was too high and tried LST ing and snapped stems [​IMG] I am more careful now. Maybe that is why they are behind on budding, but they have stretched up quite a bit and recovered well. I also, gave them too much nutes earlier on in veg.

So, I am wondering if they are behind in budding at all? Or are they just going to fill in, in a bit and I am just being impatient. Or is there something wrong like, maybe I need to give them Bloom nutes on 1/4 strength???? Please help me out, thanks in advance- Gilman420

Attached Files:

2. #2 ray83man, Jul 5, 2015
    Yeah this place is great, i dont know if u mentioned if they were the same genetics or not. if they the same strain then stress may have been a factor, if a different breed or unknown then i wouldnt worry. i just overcame a problem with breed confusion. Guess u mentioned they bag seeds, may tell you there if u got them from the same bag lol

3. I don't think they are the same one has fat indica looking leaves with a 9 finger pattern and the other is a definite sativa dom plant. The one on the right I call shorty cuz it has always been shorter than the sativa. You think they could be the same strain? Could be possible I guess they just have both genetics in them and one just exhibits more sativa.

4. then my guess is u did fine, some plants stay short while others get tall, sativas generally taller than indicas, generally

5. So at 3 weeks they look good you think? I think they have been stressed out a lot and they are just a bit weak. I need to be more patient.

6. They look pretty good for 3 weeks. Patience is key here.

7. 300W (400W@75%) light is going to need some extra flowering time. The plants look pretty good considering the stress factors, but with that little light, you'll probably have to go 11-12 weeks is my guess. You can get a better idea when it's closer to 10 weeks. You should also be feeding bloom nutes if you aren't. Keep doing what you're doing though, they're slow but they look healthy at this point.

8. #8 Gilman420, Jul 5, 2015
    I want to thank everyone for your input. As well as you dawill, I think you might be right. I was worried it might take a little longer to bud these ones. I don't have a trichome scope or anything to tell, but I will post again when like you said it is about 9 to 10 weeks into flower.

Ps- I overfed them both grow nutes and the leaves turned a dark green and some tips turned a bright yellow (N overdose). SO, I flushed them each with a gallon of pH'd tap water and haven't fed them anything else. I am going to feed them a little bit of 1/4 strength bloom tonight.