Yellowing/dying bottom leaves?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Sweetsmoke78, Jul 5, 2015.

1. hello, I am on my first grow and I am having some trouble. The bottom leaves of my plant is getting yellow and brown and some have started falling off I cannot figure out why. The top looks great and it is still growing, its just the bottom leaves. I stated it as a seed in some seed starter and transplanted it to a 1 gallon in a mix of fox farms happy frog/ocean forest. When it started, I thought it mightbe a magnesium deficiency so I flushed it with epsom salt and it did nothing. Then u realized it was root bound so about a week ago I transplanted it to a five gallon bucket with the same soil mix with added perlite and dolomite lime, however they are still getting worse. What could it be? I have another plant I treated exactly the same other than I started it a few weeks later and it looks excellent. They're under a 600 watt hps dimmed down to 75% in a 3x3 tent. The temp NEVER gets over 85 and very rarely gets that close and the humidity stays 45-55. I also cannot find any spider mites. Runoff ph is 6-7ish

Attached Files:

2. make sure your ph is good and also if its your lower fan leaves only, make sire its getting the proper nutrients because it will take the N P K and give it from the lower leaves to the new growth ,use ro water or distilled water only

3. my ph was low but it's good now in the new soil. I transplanted a week ago so it should not be short of npk, it's in fox farms and everyone says it's good without nutrients for a few weeks, and I have been using ro filtered water, perhaps the filters need replaced though. It is only lower leaves.

4. It looks like an overwatering or nute burn issue, lots of reports that FF is hot

5. a burn would get the top leaves though too wouldn't it? And I've been letting it dry out, I didn't add perlite to the 1 gallon pot though so it is possible. It also started before I transplanted it and I only fed once at half strength in the 1 gallon after it had already started yellowing, it continued to get worse but it didn't cause it to suddenly get terribly worse

6. No one? Not one person knows?