First time grow

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Haystackstang, Jul 4, 2015.

1. So first off hello everyone and I want to thank everyones vast iinformation on this forum thats helped me make decisions how im growing so here some pics from when I started in little pot till I transplanted them to there final home 5 gallon strain is purple cadillac and purple kush

Attached Files:

2. so update/ ? Ever since ive transfered to my 5gallon pots all growth has halted someone please help

3. I'm a total noob myself... But, I understand going straight to final pot is a bad idea for several reasons. This is all based on research and not personal real world experience.

1. The plants can't drink the water from the large volume of soil and it leads to root rot. (easy to over water with tiny plants in a big pot.)

2. The plant will focus a lot of energy into growing out the root ball instead of focusing on foliage growth.

Roots need Oxygen to survive. You need to water that big pot in tiny little sips until those plants grow a good bit. It's important for the soil to have wet and dry cycles.

Out of curiosity what soil mix are you using? Hopefully a light mix that drains well.

4. Its compost mix plus bat guano fish emulsion bone meal blood meal with perlite mixed in the starter pots I had the in the roots were already crowded so I moved them to the big pots as far as watering I give them 2 cups water in morning and if was hot and soil dry ill give the a half or full when get home

5. Yeah, you really shouldn't water daily, and certainly not twice daily no matter what pots you have then in.

Wet and dry cycles. Wet and dry cycles. If you water daily your roots will rot period.

6. Bump, so someone who isn't a noob like me can give you a concrete answer.

7. so I know been awhile plants were doing great but the neighborhood racoon apparently wanted them lol I started some new plants from seed last week waiting for them sprout through

8. Wow, that's terrible. Good luck on racoon proofing attempt number 2.

9. surround your plants with chicken mesh or some sort of protection. Trust me do it or you may lose your plants again. take it from me ive been there, done that... never again shal I grow plants outdoors without mesh

10. sounds good im about week 3 in my new setup ill post pics soon I actually did just that with chicken wire and I got a pitbull havent seen racoon since lol

11. so here she is week 2 the only one survived the heat wave we had lone survivor

Attached Files: