THE INFAMOUS SOLO CUP CHALLENGE 6

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by PIFFCLOUD22, Jul 4, 2015.

1. No, you really need the cfl bulbs. AT LEAST 4 bulbs to even grow something worth it.

2. ...good luck on temperature control 🙈

3. I've got a 100x3w led and 10 cfl running right now at 84 degrees. It is a little hot, but I'm in a closet too. Here in a couple weeks I'm getting a tent and fans set up 😀

4. #24 willywagpole, Jul 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
    I can't find any solo cups, Don't think we have them exact ones here.. Would this cup be close enough instead?
    Height 3 1/2 Inches
    Bottom Diameter 3 Inches
    Top Diameter 4 Inches

<table><tbody><tr><th>Solo cup
    </th><th>16oz
    </th></tr><tr><td>Height</td><td>4 3/4 Inches</td></tr><tr><td>Bottom Diameter</td><td>2 1/2 Inches</td></tr><tr><td>Top Diameter</td><td>3 3/4 Inches</td></tr></tbody></table>

5. i am only growing in a small box like the size of a pc case

6. I'm in. 2 azura haze clones both in the same solo cup Was going to just let them die because they were stragglers at the bottom of my girls but this gives me reason enough to let them live. I'm also testing if I can make 2 grow to term in the one solo cup

7. sounds like I wanna watch

Sent from my Huawei-U8665 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. That's rad yo! I've been looking into LEDs 👌😏 Make sure your fans can really move that air so you can have a bigger intake hole and still have enough negative pressure 🙌 it's in the 100s daily where I live so temps are a concern when it comes to the nice bud structure I'm wanting to acquire 🙊

9. What in the world... 100 less and 10 bulbs in a pc case... I need to see this... I have 1 led that has 88 diodes that is more than enough for a 32inx32in space. And my Temps in that tent are below 80 at all times.

BTW I am in yall. Debating on starting a new seed for this or using a clone. I will let u know. I just cut 3 heirajuana, 3 diesel, 3 mystery from a nirvana freebie. Might do blue dream or green Crack from seed though... decisions decisions

10. When is the start date for this challenge ?

11. I'm in. Waiting on my Special K #1 to pop now.

12. Is there rules about the color of the cup? I always use a clear solo inside of a red solo. Is that fine?

13. I don't think the color matters but you don't want a clear cup. You want an opaque container so the roots can stay in the dark

14. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1436108911.287475.jpg

3 solos going (mystery bagseeds) using cannabelle's solo mods for the screen in the bottom and the solo skirt (I googled it) and 1 micro mini grow in a solo shot glass

15. thats why I put them inside of a colored cup. I've always done seeds and clones this way. That way I can watch root development and the roots stay in the dark. Usually use plain clear but these green tinted clear were left over from St Patrick's day

Attached Files:

16. Seems like a good idea, do you get good air flow with the double cup?

17. I've seen lots of people double cup, even w/ both red cups. The 2nd cup catches run off water. I just use a clear cup to watch roots. No guessing on when its time to transplant in my regular grow. Not that these will be transplanted. They get plenty of air and grow just as well as any other container I've ever used. I've never had any problems with clones or seeds being double cupped. I don't personally see much air flow going in and out of a couple pin holes on the bottom of a cup sitting on a flat surface anyways. Put some holes in the second cup if that's a concern

18. does it have to be a solocup? i have a qtr gal pot (same size as a solocup) can i enter? shes only a week old popped last week Thursday. If not ill watch :( I can only do 1 at a time to keep this a secret lol

[​IMG]

19. Are solo cups rare nowadays? I feel lost lol....