How to make ABV dabs

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by A1FBG, Jul 3, 2015.

1. #1 A1FBG, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2015
    I have a lot of abv. Edibles don't work on me so I'm wanting to turn them into dabs. Is there any other process besides the alcohol and double boiler?

2. #2 average amount of crazy, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2015
    Well I'm honestly not sure if this would work(if it does id imagine it'd be minimal) but if you've heard of people making dabs by getting something like grease paper, put your bud in it, or in this case abv, cover completely and then then press it with force for about 5-8 seconds.
    I'm not sure if this works for abv just because of all the factors such as surface area etc. And the way in which this method works.
    However, it never hurts to try it.
    P.s if you haven't done this ever, use some fresh bud. (something like a kush works best) and press it. Use about .5g of nice bud and you'll get a decent amount of dabs.
    Its also completely butane free so it will be the best you can get essentially.

3. I've never heard of this method. The only thing I've heard of that sounds similar to this is the rosin method with a hair straightener. I'm curious, have you ever tried the method you recommended before? Do you still smoke the bud afterwards? I feel by just compressing fresh herb you won't get all of the goodness out of it. I'm not being negative in any way in this post I'm just curious.

4. Haha no.
    Actually I'm happy you said this.
    I completely forgot to mention that you want hair straighteners to press it with lol.
    That was a pretty important thing to leave out.
    Clearly, proof reading is important :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Happens to the best of us bud! You were just having a little too much fun with that new air of yours B)

6. Haha exactly!
    Nothing like browsing the forum when you're high.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Aren't dabs supposed to be mostly THC? And isn't abv mostly void of thc?