Qs First Micro CFL Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by QuatroCT, Jul 2, 2015.

1. 2nd week of flower: The larger plant ended up showing white hairs like crazy the day after I last posted, and just recently has the smaller plant shown white hairs and started bud development. Here's some pics

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1439272244.733995.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1439272263.168327.jpg

The clone was pretty rootbound in it's little clone pod. Went to transplant into a solo and there was a good bit of root damage, since the clones been slowly dying off

Within 2 weeks both plants will receive a flowering act brew

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1439272376.019467.jpg

2. Both plants are doing exceptionally well. Still have many weeks ahead. Here's some pics

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1439660812.894613.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1439660829.114786.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1439660875.861966.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1439660894.804090.jpg

3. I believe this would be about week 4 in flower:

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1440267049.877198.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1440267091.780275.jpg

Some decent stacking

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1440267121.106916.jpg

Going to give em another 4-5 weeks.

4. Nice So Far, keep it up. [​IMG]

5. Hey thank you for the encouragement, really can't wait to take what I've learned from this first grow to a bigger and better second grow!

6. Along for the ride🏼

7. Man, they look great and they've been through a lot! Congrats and we'll wishes on the rest of your grow.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

8. Looks awesome. If its gettin hot in there you could lay that fan down at an angle so it goes through the leaves and then pushes any heat from the lights up. And two females!? Fuck yeah haha always a gamble with regular seeds

9. Am I correct that you have 4 total cfl's in that box? How well is it penetrating to the lower canopy, I have some girls veggin out in a 28x28x48 and I have 6 cfl's 23w and a 2' t5 bar( think that's what it's called) just received the MHII 400w and a 27x27x63 tent I will try to flower in when the time comes, learning a lot from your grow, thanks

10. They really have been through the hoops. Everything from being toppled over as seedlings to pH fluctuations and hear stress they've continued to surprise me in how well they've thrived. Thank you for the support Tony

11. Definitely was a gamble and I'm glad to have the odds in my favor. I have the fan facing upwards at an angle and rotate around the plants about twice a day. I'm thinking it's time to upgrade on my exhaust and get my hands on some Mylar.

By the way Captain Murphy is the shit, you listen to flylo at all?

12. I'm running a total of eight 23 w cfls at the moment. Light penetration could really be more optimal for sure. I've been looking into to buying in on this LED hype. Might just have to pick myself up some t5's to run down the sides of my cab for now though.

Let me know how you like the Mars Hydro light man, I'm looking at some GrowBlu LEDs atm

13. That's cool the CFL's seemed to work OK I opened up the Mars Hydro last night and there is a problem I did not want to go into it too much until I hear from the sales rep and see how they handle The problem, everything up until the point that I open the box was fine great price for the tent and the light, great shipping speed to East Coast USA, but I believe they have a warehouse in California and a warehouse in New Jersey, but my light came from California via China I'm waiting on a reply from Sarah from mars Hydroto see how my problem is rectified put it this way I was very very sad when I plug the light in

14. Hell yeah I like flying lotus when I'm stoned n chillin. Captain Murphy's more for skating and cruising haha. I'm right there with you on upgrading my exhaust, sgit can always be bigger and better

15. Man so need to hear about this mars. Makes me happy I built my vero29 panel
    BTW looking good

16. Nope, I was wrong, what I thought was an issue was a pair of infrared
    Lights on the board, I thought 2 lights were out but that was by no means the case, the light is in perfect working order, it's crazy, yea cant even tell the fans are running on this thing, and the bloom/ veg switch on the Mars II is a brand new feature so that's fun, plants are flying compared to the bunch of cfl's and t5 bars, heat is way down in the box also, good times ahead

17. So hyped to hear that it's working well! How much of a temp. difference was there going from cfls to the led?

18. Photo update, early trich production!

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441137986.142014.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441138005.977297.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441138025.591813.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441138045.609346.jpg

19. Georgeous. Tell me something, do they stink? Are your sugar leaves getting sparkly?, I should be harvesting my one girl by the end of this month, buds are fattening up very nicely, white hairs like crazy, top shelf bag seed ( we are never told brand names here) no smell whatsoever, definitely an indica/ sati a mix( more indica), but way slow on those sugary leaves I see y'all posting, and zero, ( ZERO) Smell, I don't know if this is a good thing or bad thing LOL but the plants that currently were brought inside are clones off of that girl I guess it's a good thing I did not buy a carbon filter yet, I don't think I'm going to need it with the strain what do you think have you ever heard of a strain that has zero smell to it I mean a high-quality strain?

20. Do you have any pics of your girls? Mine definitely have some aroma but not very strong yet. The smaller one smells more skunky while the big girl is smelling way more sweet than anything. No real stink yet you kinda got to get in there to get a whiff but I don't expect so much smell this early. Just realized it's hard to spot in the pics I posted but yes sugar leaves have some frostiness on em and the actual buds have some pretty good trichs for this early!

Not sure if stealth is an issue for you but investing in a carbon filter is always ideal to keep your grow on the DL. How long have you been flowering for?