Heavy 16 User Help

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jwhardy21, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Hello, I purchased the base nutrients of the Heavy 16 lline, and my local retailer was kind enough to throw in samples of all of their additives. I have looked around the internet to find out what is in these additives, but there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of information out there. I know their basic functions, Prime being mainly comprised of carbs and sugars, and Fire being a P/K booster, but other than that my sample bottles have no NPK labels. Any known information about any single additive I mentioned would be greatly appreciated.

2. any help in this department?

3. Does anybody use Heavy-16 here on Grasscity?

4. No info here but I wouldn't use some random bottled nutes on my plants. Also black strap molasses is what you need for carbs.

5. I wish there was a "Dislike This" button...
    Just because you haven't heard of Heavy-16 doesn't make them "randomly bottled nutes". The base nutrients alone have all of the primary, secondary and trace minerals because it is one of the few nutrient lines besides Advanced Nutrients specifically formulated and meant to grow cannabis. The difference between these two products, as I have gathered, is purely marketing. Of the few threads that do mention Heavy-16, the people, more often than not, praise their products for it's simplicity (their feeding chart is actually meant for cannabis and will not burn foliage) as well as it's ability to buffer pH and produce strong, flavorful, aromatic flowers.
    Also, if you think molasses is just for carbs, you've got some researching to do. I water with molasses every single watering to improve the microbial activity so my nutrients are readily available in a chelated form. (Heavy Finish is also great in this department, for it contains only humic acid and potassium sulfate. The humic acid increases chelation in soil while the potassium sulfate helps to form starches and sugars. This combination creates huge amounts of microbes that carry everything where it needs to go rapidly.
    By the way, Heavy Prime contains molasses.
    I've been waiting for over a month for a single reply, then I get your ignorant and rude comment on my nutrients which you've never even heard of. It's a shame.