More Americans Turning Against McDonalds

Discussion in 'General' started by DivineVictoryX, Jul 2, 2015.

1. #1 DivineVictoryX, Jul 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
    The popularity of fast food companies such as McDonald's have plunged to a 5-year low among American consumers, a new report reveals.
    According to the American Consumer Satisfaction Index (ACSI), the fast food industry has seen a near four percent drop in consumer satisfaction in just the last 12 months, with McDonald's once again ranked as the least satisfactory company.
    “Customer satisfaction with full-service restaurants is steady at 82 (out of 100), but fast food outlets are dragging with a 3.8% decline to 77, the category's lowest point since 2010,” the report states.
    Speaking with CBS News, ACSI Research Director Dr. Forrest Morgeson indicated that price was no longer the major factor for consumers, but instead the quality of the product.
    “The industry overall was really driven down by a big drop in McDonald's, because McDonald's has such a large market share and is such a big part of the industry,” Morgeson said. “What happens to McDonald's tends to happen to the rest of the industry, a little more exaggerated.”
    The report notes that despite attempts to “turn around its slump” by offering healthier alternatives, McDonald's continues to be rejected by a growing number of Americans.
    “The world's largest fast food chain has posted six straight quarters of decreasing U.S. sales…” the report adds.
    In contrast, companies like Chipotle, which was ranked number two in satisfaction, continue to profit from health-conscious policies.
    “Newer brands like Chipotle also benefit from consumer preferences for organic foods, non-GMO ingredients, and healthier alternatives by making these factors part of their mission,” the report says.
    McDonald's slow move to elicit legitimate change on its menu has led to major closures across the globe, with as many as 700 stores set to disappear by the end of the year.
    “The world is starting to ask what they're truly eating in their food - and the new conglomerate of natural grocers and restaurants are trailblazing the way into an entirely new economic environment,” noted Natural Society's Anthony Gucciardi last February.
    In response to its dwindling sales, McDonald's announced last May that it would no longer report monthly same-store sales results in an attempt to calm investors.
    Great news! More People Are buying Organics as well, its at an all time high!
    I'll Post a link.

2. Dude, I like you and I like your posts bit this new thread fetish is getting out of hand. Stop before the mods stop you, I don't want to see you tossed out of here. You are getting like that crazy ass ChristopherABrown guy we had to put up with a while back.

3. ok - I'll take a big mac and some fries.

4. #4 A AnoesisOrange, Jul 2, 2015
    It's an economic trend. Americans are still fat, don't worry.

5. That's from eating 50 fucking pounds of sugar every day.

Frutose fruks ya up!

6. Well dontcha know, if you leave a bare ass McDs burger out on your counter it won't even rot because of all the preservatives!!!

Neither will a homemade burger of the same size in the same conditions, but that's none of anyone's business.

7. Ever notice how McDonald's are always suspiciously close to animal shelters?

Coincidence? Perhaps.[​IMG]

8. Oh man I know two of them in throwing distance of a gas station... everything makes sense now!

9. i was talking to my mom the other day about living in the 70s and she told me that there as only one fat guy that she knew, and he was known as that one fat guy that everyone knew.

processed food took off soon after and fucked our shit up

well not my shit, i'm paper thin

10. Fuhhhk.... [​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Sorry I just thought this was really positive. Less McDonald's. More Organic. 10,000 people attending Bernie Sanders Rally...Just awesome. I'll lower down my posts.

12. I don't see anything wrong with what he posted......? Only thing I would say is cute where this information came from instead of copying and pasting.

Good article man, I've been hearing about the fast food decline for a while now. I've pretty much cut fast food out of my life, I cook all my own meals and it's mainly fruits, veggies, white meat like chicken and Turkey as well as fish. I do get the occasonal stoner craving and hit some FF from time to time but never is it a regular thing

13. I don't think they will ever go out of business though.

I will never eat there again.

14. Upton Sinclair The Jungle

And repeat.

15. #15 forty winks, Jul 2, 2015
    I prefer their 9,000 calories "salads."

16. Good, that cancerous garbage is no good.

17. i used to go there almost a year back when I worked at Walmart. It was convenient for lunch and I was working it off.

After I got fired from there it was a couple months of no MC,D. And holly shit it now tastes like grease...... I don't mind their Mc chicken and their Mc griddle. But their main burgers are shit to me.....my opion.

As far as customer satisfactionsatisfaction goes I understand. I want a burger no reassembly required. And that is how it is sometimes is that they take it to fast. And presentation goes down.

To the other side of the coin. Most people can't go there at as much as they would like, or take a break from cooking dinner due to financial conditions. Or the fact that that other ff restaurant down the road is better

Just my thoughts

18. Fuck now I want some McDonald's

19. I rarely eat there, I think about twice in the last 6 months. The only time we go is in the middle of the night to satisfy those drunken munchies. Really not a fan of their food. Nothing beats a homemade burger and its cheaper. Or just buy some chicken breasts, slice them up and grill them.

20. i quit eating fast food and I feel no difference