Sick Plants Even After PH Correction - Pics Included

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by enoch, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Setup:

-4x4x6.5 tent
    -600W HPS + (4*23W CFL)
    -#5 (4.2 gal) potting buckets
    -8 plants (4 AK-47 XTRM, 4 unknown lemon strain)
    -soil: 75% Pro Mix BX, 25% perlite
    -Nutes: Earth Juice Grow, Bloom, Microblast, Catalyst + PHUp
    -All plants were seeded directly in the soil on April 24<sup>th</sup>.
    -Flowering induced at 5 weeks for all plants
    -Watering every 48 hours with mild run-off each time (tapwater as base, 7.0 ph)
    -Temperatures ranged 72-76 during much of the vegetativestage, 76-82 during flowering at canopy

This is my second grow (the first didn't produce smokeablebuds). The plants are doing much better this time, although lots of mistakeswere made again. The biggest mistake was not using PH Up with the Earth Juiceduring the entire vegetative cycle, it was only added to the process at aboutweek 7. During that time, I noticed that the plants would have trouble afterfeeding, and I erroneously believed it was due to overfeeding. Thus, I droppedthe feeding ratios well below the “mild” amount on the bottle during vegetativefor the Earth Juice Grow solution. The problems were probably due to theincredibly acidic feeding solution.

The PH issues have since been corrected. I've tested therun-off and it is between 6.5-7.0 for all the plants (I'll be careful not to over-correct).However, the plants still seem to be having a lot of trouble. The lighting is12/12 but I'm considering changing it to 11/13. Growth of the buds seems to bequite slow and the new leaves are still developing these reddish-brownsplotches. Worse, the plants are definitely yellowing at an alarming rate,especially the bottommost leaves. There has been a lot of death in the lowerregions of the plants, which is starting to creep into the middle areas in someof the plants. I didn't do any cropping of the plants.

With the PH issues corrected, I'm at a loss for how toproceed. Is it a nitrogen deficiency? Magnesium deficiency? Too cramped, not enough CO2? I don't have aregular feeding schedule since everything was thrown off kilter and I don'tknow what the present problems are. I'm still using ratios lower than the“mild” amount for the Earth Juice. I've included pictures to help aid thediagnosis. Let me know if more information is needed. Please advise, thank you.

Attached Files: