Official Grexit Thread

Discussion in 'Politics' started by NasaJoe, Jul 1, 2015.

1. who is "they"?

The citizens who unwillngly signed a social contract with the Greek Mafia at birth?

-yuri

2. This is old news. I visited Greece on a choir tour 7 years ago and there were protests every day we were there. We were late to a bunch of events due to having to take detours around riots and demonstrators. Workers walked off the job at a ferry marina, graffiti trying to organize more rallies and encourage people to take a stand against their gov't by not working and not paying taxes...

It's been a shitshow for a while now.

3. markets gonna crash today

4. I hope not. It needs to wait at least 4 weeks till I finish my.move

-yuri

5. the swedish exchange opened 5 minutes ago and we're already down 1,53%, lowest point in the last 30 days

6. It's all a wee fucked up innit? Ekuhknawmics just ain't clickin like it used to...the machine needs growth and some people/nations just have to sit down....apparently.

7. #27 Malvolio, Jul 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2015
    By they, I mean the greek people. They, like spain and italy, have happily supported their corrupt leaders for decades now. They liked the system until everything went tits up

8. Like the American people have supported their corrupt leaders for decades?

How would Americans react if they faced the austerity that the Greeks have?

9. Not well. There would be riots on couches and La-Z-Boys® all over the country.

10. Lol

Attached Files:

11. The Nazi method failed. The EU one however was an astounding success. Germany wanted to conquer Europe... so they eventually did

12. #32 forty winks, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2015
  13. Prime minister Tsipras resigns and calls for early elections

14. This reminds me of the when the Liberals here in Canada lost the election to Harper, so they cried foul and wanted another election. They got said election, and were defeated even more completely than in the last one.
    Might be different for Tsipras because from what I've read he doesn't have very competent opposition, but still, I'm not sure I agree with this move.

15. rofl i'd expect a higher level of maturity from Canadians

I don't blame Tsipras, half his own party turned against him. then again what was he expecting??

16. He did the right thing though. That party needs to face up to the reality that Greece can't afford all these public benefits it's been doling out. I don't blame the Eurozone for withholding money until they get their shit together and get people to accept the fact that the easy ride is over.
    You can ask for a bailout but you can't then turn around and keep paying yourselves huge benefits while youth unemployment in Greece is like 50% (don't quote me on that, but it's somewhere up there).