Diapers for growing ???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Tat2, Jul 1, 2015.

1. #1 Tat2, Jul 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2015
  2. #2 BudButler, Jul 1, 2015
    huh thats interesting. try it on a plant and find out. i dont think it will hurt the plant, worst case you transplant?[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. thats what I was thinking just was curious if someone ever tried it before

4. #4 IgnorantFool, Jul 1, 2015
    I remember seeing another thread on this topic a couple of months ago...don't think the person had actually tried it though...

IDK...a search may turn up that thread...lemme see...

5. if you decide to try this you should for sure make a grow journal

6. Seems like a bad idea for mj to me. More often than not growers are trying to improve drainage rather than water retention. If you do need water retention vermiculite seems like a much easier option than using diapers.

7. If your looking for something to store water, there's biodegradable water retention pellets at just about every gardening center. No need to rob your kids diapers and its way cheaper. Personally I wouldn't use them on an indoor grow. If you over water the pellets or diapers are going to store water taking it longer to dry out and may cause over watering issues. Just learn to water correctly or set up a sip. Sub irrigated planter, and allow the plant to drink when it wants too. If outdoor in a very dry climate the pellets may be sweet. This video gets brought up every once and awhile.