Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Trying to root clones completely outdoors?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by lueth, Jul 1, 2015.

1. A friend and I decided to stop growing together and he took everything we had bought. Including my lights I used to use to root my clippings. My only choice at the moment is to clip and root outdoors, I just don't know how much sunlight exposure they should get without drying out and dying. And have been having trouble trying to keep the temp at night for them up while outdoors. I live in southeastern MI for a climate reference, I'm getting brown sections on the middle of the fingers of the leaves. Almost like where they sit is affecting them? I don't know if the black plastic the leaves rest on is getting to hot and cooking them or what but I haven't been able to find any strictly outdoors clipping/rooting info on the net. Has anyone done this and is able to give me tips? Anyone have any ideas to help root clones? It's late in the season and trying to build numbers fairly quickly.

2. Just put them in your house in a fairly light spot. They don't even need to be in direct sunlight. You will have a really hard time cloning outside as they are super sensitive to heat and will dry out in no time. If they absolutely have to be outside I'd put them in complete shade.

3. bugs will eat your plants. buy some pots and plant and replant and implant and such and such. sunlight though, give them some cheap $1 solar panels for fluctuating light cycles (Dollar Tree has several varieties to choose from - including Fourth of July patterns)

And uh, OP, sounds like your "friend" may have robbed you...unless it was a mutual consent to robbing