Foxtailing with White Widow 8 weeks into flowering?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Sturm & Drang, Jun 29, 2015.

1. #1 Sturm & Drang, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2015
    Ok....
    Foxtailing is getting bad, but, my triches went from 90% cloudy with 0-5% amber to 50% cloudy/clear with no new ambers with A LOT of new triche development. She seems to have doubled in frosting within two days! Im confused as hell. started flushing her with PH'd water but now wondering if I should continue giving her nutes since things have seem to revert back to growth again and all the pistals are mostly still white and straight?
    It wasnt heat or humidity that did it, temps are consistent at 72 and RH is at 40. Th only thing different i did was moved my light up 6 inches a week ago and that seemed to be when it started. I've never dealt with this outdoors so this is all new to me. it seems like she really liked the light closer but I was worried that the buds would bleach out. I dropped the light back down and am going to bump the light schedule back to 12/12 again after dropping back to 8/16 to try and stop it......just to see. The only thing I can think of is a boost in N that I did with the nutes solution around the same time I moved the light. Thinking back, I was always told N causes northern growth (height) and P and K causes West and East growth (swelling of calyxes). Gonna run one more week of a night P and K with no N and see if I can get the fox tails to swell.
    Shes been through a lot in her short time so wondering if its an overall stress thing too. She was given to me with severe root rot and a fungal issue and was originally a rockwool drip and when i got her, i converted to soil and she started to thrive again after a few weeks. Not sure if thats locked her into permanent survival mode or what, but first time dealing with this.
    Any suggestions would be much appreciated since this is my first indoor. Ive guerilla grown for 15+ years and am experienced in just about everything else but this indoor shit is all new to me.If you go to my grow journal (the blue link below) to see my setup that Im running for my WW. Im also doing seedling photos and autoflowers in it.
    Thanks in advance!!!!

Attached Files:

2. one cola in the back looks like it hermied...cut the nitrogen completely and beef up the micro nutes for the finish. I think i found a trich coming out of a trich..lol

3. The white widow is done at 8weeks. Flush and chop

4. #4 Sturm & Drang, Jul 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2015
    It never hermied....I checked that first thing. All buds but since this post, they are swelling and getting bigger. Checked triches again and she's putting on more. I finally found 1 amber after an hour [​IMG] but the rest are half clear, half cloudy. I took all nitrogen out and just kept with micro nutes and a generous helping of P and K
    I know she's an 8 week strain , but I'm wondering if all the shit she's been through (going from Hydro to soil after almost two months veg, two transplants because she became root bound (( cut the bottom of the bucket and slid another underneath of her full of soil so I didn't disturb the roots too much)), and a power outage for two days early on) has caused her to morph into some weird phenotype. Even her clone is acting strange.

5. Oh yes, I see she might have a week or so to go then...nice.
    Put a picture up of the mutation

6. I will before I put her to bed in a a half an hour. 😄

It baffles me because there are new pistals and trichomes producing everyday, and all the pistals are still white! ( except like one on each bud ) I've grown a ton (probably literally) outdoors and NEVER HAVE SEEN SHIT LIKE THIS BEFORE!!!

7. lol

8. SMH...........

The main cola (the one on the right) is about as big around as a can of coke and tight.

Attached Files:

9. #9 Trichuk, Jul 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2015
    Nice!! Crazy fox tailing...cut them down, their done if there that badly fox tailing.

10. #10 Sturm & Drang, Jul 3, 2015
    even with the pistals and trichomes not matured? I know they will still mature during drying and curing, but.....
    That would be a first for me.....
    Someone in another thread said as long as she's eating and the buds are swelling and the trichomes continue to develop....let her go and watch her

11. And....

The growth (stretching) has stopped. The new bud growth on the fox tails are thickening along with the rest of the buds

12. Lol a lot of times the fox tale means it's in over time, yeah I guess if you haven't seen much Amber...let it go for another week. You will notice you're going to create a lot of pods on those fox tails.

13. #14 Sturm & Drang, Jul 3, 2015
    that's what I'm thinking, Trichuk.....
    And I'm running a 1000 watt Hortilux eye

They look airy till you get closer....they are pretty compact, to my surprise

14. #15 Sturm & Drang, Jul 3, 2015
    I know, from what I'm reading, is that it's typically a humidity issue so the exsisting buds will kinda open up to air out so bud rot doesn't form...
    A self preservation if you will
    But the highest mine have gotten was 60% and that was a few weeks ago. This just started last week.
    But, I was thinking...lif I lop off the foxtail a, shouldn't that force the plant to throw all its energy to the buds to try and heal them also?

The smaller popcorn buds aren't doing this....just wish I knew what caused it because it seems that there is no definite answer to what causes fox tailing. Just a lot of speculation.

15. Humidity can do it, it being too hot in the room can do it or the lights being too close or being in flower to long.

16. #17 Sturm & Drang, Jul 3, 2015
    Temps have never gotten above 79 degrees but typically stay at 73....
    The light is about 2 foot off of them tallest cola...(it's a cool hood and vented with a 240 cfm fan)
    And the RH....what I stated before.
    Could overall stress that she endured early on with the transplants have done it?
    Just weird that I'm at 50% cloudy and clear and no ambers, so the duration really isn't that far. I looked at the date I threw her into flower and it's been 8 weeks 3 days ago. With her being an 8 week strain, I know phenos have a lot to do with the end result on flowering time. I've had outdoors gauged at 10 weeks that finished in 15 and earlier then 10.
    I'm confused......

17. Yeah me too..lol

18. #19 Sturm & Drang, Jul 3, 2015
    how about an experiment?<br style="color: rgb(40, 40, 40); font-family: 'Proxima Nova', Helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 19px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;"><br style="color: rgb(40, 40, 40); font-family: 'Proxima Nova', Helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 19px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;">cut the fox tails off of half of them and see what happens? Maybe they will fatten up off the cut ones or nothing will happen. Or maybe the triches will mature quickly just on those buds?<br style="color: rgb(40, 40, 40); font-family: 'Proxima Nova', Helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 19px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;"><br style="color: rgb(40, 40, 40); font-family: 'Proxima Nova', Helvetica, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; line-height: 19px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: auto;">what do ya think

19. Yeah try it...you never know.lol