Ron Paul Gay Marriage Rulling Was A DEFEAT to The Constitution and Victory For BIG Government.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DivineVictoryX, Jun 28, 2015.

1. we've disagreed on this topic before?

My dad is gay and I grew up around a lot of gay culture.

I've always been pro gay rights

Did you mean something else?

-yuri

2. If I recall correctly it was not that you were arguing against gay marriage, just that you were arguing against government being involved in marriage at all. Which I think we ended with an amicable understanding. Was that you? Maybe it was someone else. :p

3. The backlash from the far right is kind of scary. I just hope this doesn't mean hate crimes will be on the rise again. I lost enough from that kind of hate.

4. Sadly it's still legal for a majority of Americans to be kicked out of or denied an apartment for being homosexual. This ruling only applies to gay marriage and not other civil rights protections I'm pretty sure.

5. Right, I got a lot of ass whoopings from rednecked assed Christians because of my moms. Thankfully, now I'm an adult and live in a different state. But I'm seeing a lot of hate spewing from the mouths of people here i thought were tolerant friends. Guess tolerance stops when you dot get what you want.

6. If thats true thats messed up.

7. Nobody is trying to force the churches to marry gay people, the ACLU is trying to have the tax-exempt status removed for churches that discriminate and will not marry gay people. This is not the same thing as the way you are making it out. Why should we support an organization that is discriminatory? Sure, they don't have to marry gay people, and we don't have to give them the tax exemption if they refuse to comply with the ruling, which is apparently not mandatory at this point.

In my opinion, ALL churches should lose their tax-exempt status' and have to pay taxes on their earnings, just like any other business, and they are businesses. Clergy people understand the issue, and some of them actually do not support the tax reduction and sometimes total tax elimination, for churches, but most religious people who support the churches don't get it.

8. I heard Ted Cruz say on Beck today that he's not giving up on the idea that America is a Christian Nation and that marriage should be just as in it is in the Bible.

You know Cruz is a weirdo because even Glen Beck said he's given up on that notion!

9. that sounds about right

-yuri

10. He is also calling for states to defy the SCOTUS ruling. Plus he wants to waste time and tax money to introduce legislation to give states the right to deny marriage licenses to gay couples.

11. And Rush was giving his full-throated defense of the sanctity of marriage, quoting from the Book of Genesis and everything! Him of all people. How may marriages has he burned through?

Conservatives never give up.

12. Donald Trump, "I support traditional marriage!" (three marriages later)

13. He hasnt found the right guy yet, dont pick on him

14. Cruz is an idiot. He spent like $3 million telling the poor and elderly why they don't need healthcare and should oppose the ACA.

15. everyone should oppose the ACA because it is a direct violation of individual liberty. They are literally forcing people to buy a product that they do not want while the money spent on that product subsidizes others who are not required to pay for it by law. That is the problem with the ACA. The ends do not justify the means. There is absolutely no excuse for using coercive force to rope an individual into a program that they do not want to be involved with.

16. It is morally reprehensible to use the threat of violence to force someone into a system (obamacare) that they do not want to be in. That is exactly what Obamacare is doing. If you do not pay for health insurance then they will fine you. If you do not pay the fine they will send men with guns to take you away and lock you in a cage. if you do not submit to their authority they will kill you. This is wrong.

17. I think it's morally reprehensible to rip healthcare out of the hands of children, disabled and elderly but some of us have more compassion than others.

18. So the question then becomes, should we have given it to them in the first place? Is it morally acceptable to steal from me and give it to some old idiot that spent his money on and smoked 2 packs of cigarettes a day instead of planning for his future healthcare needs?

I am all for helping my other people, dont get me wrong, but using government is an intermediary is both wasteful and shortsighted.

19. you cannot steal something that isn't owned.

No one stole healthcare from anyone. Healthcare is a service not a right.

-yuri

20. Good point. I do wish that everyone had access to healthcare though, but it certainly isnt a right.