Black Substance on roots

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by dieselman, Jun 28, 2015.

1. So question for you guys. Been doing a first time DWC grow. had some root issues which I thought I solved. Did a res change good flush and using dreaded H2O2 and water. roots were nice and white and so I added the ferts (GH maxi series) and SM-90...waited 12 hrs, all still white. added the prescribed amount of subcutureM and 24 hrs later my roots are covered in this black goo. no smell, smells like dirt / roots.should I be worried ?
    PS: Res temps are good and I have more air being pumped in than a politician can put out

DM

2. what is your res. temp? how many air stones are you using? what is subculture M (is it organic or synthetic)? does your ph remain steady?

3. temp is at 69F I have two air stones (largest ones I could get) in a 7 Gal tub and PH needs correction every 24 hrs ranging around 6 (I have one of those color changing readers, digital on order). Subculture is an additive from General hydroponics that adds beneficial bacteria into the solution. The stuff itself is black. Its been one week and my weakest plant (with the most slim on it before) has exploded in root and top growth. It still smells like dirt so I am assuming all is ok......but the roots are still dark, but they are growing ? :)

DM

4. You still here diesel? If so, hydrogaurd bro, hydrogaurd, it will solve your issue

5. Yes sir still here. Sounds like its similar to the the subculture series that General Hydroponics. But I'll check into it. BTW, just did a res change and everything looks great, no sludge what so ever.

DM