My dog iv had for 11 years got killed by a car. Devastated.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by wtfjusthappened, Jun 28, 2015.

1. So, today has been rough. My dog, Chomper, got ran over today. Iv had him since he was 2. I was 11 when I got him.

I got him at a really rough time. My parents were splitting up, I moved schools, and I had no friends. This dog has been my friend at times, when I literally had no friends. For all intents and purposes we grew up together.

Obviously he is 12 going on 13, but he was still in great shape. No arthritis, no tumors, nothing. I knew that within the next 2 or 3 years he would probably die of natural causes, but nothing could prepare me for today.

He was laying in my driveway today, when someone came from off the street to turn around on my driveway. They pulled in, and then proceeded to back right over him. I heard yelping and ran outside. When they saw me, they started to drive off. I kept yelling stop stop stop, as he was still under there car yelping and crying. I ran up and pucnhed there hood and told them to stop.

The car only had about 6 inches of ground clearence, and he is a big dog, so he was crushed and pinned under the car. I got help from my neighbors and we were able to lift the car enough for me to slide him out from under.
    We slid the dog onto a blanket, put him in my truck, and took him to the vet. He had 3 broken legs, (the fourth was dislocated), and a broken back.

Turns out it was a 16 year old kid with a learners permit and his mom. I told them that they were lucky that the driver was underage, and to leave before i did something I truly regret.

I talked to the vet, spent some time with my badly injured friend, and they put him down.

I held his head in my hands until the breathing stopped, I kissed him on the forehead, and then proceeded to go chainsmoke cigarettes and bawl my eyes out in the vet parking lot.

He was here one second, and gone the next. Life is so fragile.

I know, this is the internet, and everyone probably thinks im a pussy for being so attached to this dog. You know what I have to say to that, Go fuck yourself.

2. Damn, really sorry to hear that. It's terrible to have to put a dog to sleep especially under your circumstances it'd of been so much worse. It's like losing a family member.

Good job on containing your self against the driver of the car. I could not of done the same.

3. If a 16 year old killed my pet I woulda fucked up his car

4. If it wouldn't have been a 15 year old kid I would have broken every bone that he broke on my Dog chomper, i swear to god.

If my dog had ran out in the road and gotten hit, that would be one thing. But to come on my fucking property, and kill my dog like that.... I was livid.

Its a weird feeling crying over your dog, and contemplating how to make this 15 year old hurt as bad as I saw my dog hurt.

Fucking people shouldn't be allowed on the road without some kind of test to determine how observant they are.

What if that had been a kid instead?

Right now im smoking a Joint with My dogs name written on it, and drinking a 12 pack. I dont know if its helping or hurting me mentally. Kinda hard to enjoy a buzz when you have dealt with this all day.

5. So sorry to hear man. This breaks my heart.

R.I.P. Chomper

6. Man that's sad as fuck...I love my dog and donno how I woulda handled something like that...

That really sucks man...you handled it well though, however well it coulda been handled...I most likely woulda went to jail for goin off on that kid...

7. Thanks man. It means a lot to me, it really does. Thanks for using his name. He was an awesome fucking dog.
    I have his liscence plate, and iv seen him around town, and know that he lives in the same town as me. Iv been thinking of tracking him down, but im pretty sure it would just fuck me over in the end, and I know Chomper wouldnt want that. Im honoring the memory of my dog i guess. Shits fucking rough man. Id take my dog as a friend over any human.

8. Thanks man. I apreciate your words of fucking encouragement.

9. [​IMG] Last year my Jack Russell Mini got hit by a car and I watched her pass away, by far one of the saddest days of my life, I still cry when I think of her and the whole incident, she was also with me through some hard moments in my life... they're a part of the family it's hard to get throgh, RIP Chomper

10. Yeah, anytime bro.

The thread just gives off such a negative vibe. You didn't have to end the op with "go fuck yourself".
    And I know how it is to lose a loved pet, but you act like the kid did it on purpose. And you said you want him to feel the pain of being ran over like your dog was, but that won't make anything better. It was an accident. You shouldn't try to cope with this by drinking a 6 pack or getting stoned. I do feel for you and your dog, but anger is not the right reaction.

11. Well this is the internet, and you proved my point. What i was getting at is this, If you don't have anything positive to say about my situation, KINDLY go fuck yourself, and find a different thread. I don't have time for anyone's negativity, Iv already had enough of a bad day.

The kid was 16. Of course I WANTED him to feel the pain that my dog felt, and who wouldn't? Like I said though, he was 16. I don't think I wanna spend time in jail over this.

I never said He did it on purpose. I said that he wasn't observant. You don't drive into someones driveway to turn around, without looking for dogs or kids in the way. PERIOD. Thats how you run people/dogs over. Not paying attention.

12. Thank you for your kind words. I feel so weak going through this. Like, its just a dog right? Wrong, they become family, especially if you have had them at tough points in life. They are always there, never judging, always loving.

I took him for granted up until 9 o clock this morning, because he has been there for so long. Sorry about your Jack russel. They are good dogs. I wouldn't want anyone to go through this.

13. That's unfortunate man. You handled it well though, a lot better than I would have reacted. Good vibes your way.

14. Really sorry for your loss man, Chomper is a sweet name. Now, I bet your dog wouldn't want you hurting a kid, but he probably would approve if somebody 'accidentally' took a shit on the cars hood/windshield and smeared it around. What kind of dog was he if you don't mind me asking?

15. He was a pitbull. Total sweetheart though

Sent from my SCH-R950 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Damn braddah...I feel your pain. I had a chocolate lab named trouble who got hit a couple months ago and I saw that shit happen. Motherfuckers were going 70-80 mph on a 45 mph road and did not slow down before or after they hit him and he got split wide open. Had to carry his body 300 yards, dug a 6 foot hole (out of respect), and really cried for the third time in my 20 yr. life as I threw dirt on top of one of my only friends.

17. Sorry to hear that OP. Not gonna lie the only thing that would make me feel even a little better would be revenge. Stupid fuckin kid.

18. Dude. I completely know how you feel. This dog was had literally been my only friend at one point in my life. I could look at him, and we both knew what each other were thinking. I made a memorial today for my dog. I completely understand the respect thing. I dug a huge hole, burried him, and completed it buy placing a 6X6 rock placement of his name. I had a huge swarm of mosquitos following me, and if the dog hadnt meant so much to me, I would have quit within 10 minutes.

I dont what happens to humans when we die, but I know Chomper experienced the same thing that I will, when I die.

19. Man, I'm so sorry to hear that.

I lost my cat the same way two weeks ago and it fuckin' sucks.