Unsupervised Probation Experiences/Advice?

Discussion in 'General' started by Awrath, Jun 27, 2015.

1. #1 Awrath, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
    Swim is on probation for 5 years for felony marijuana possession in the state of GA. Early termination possible at 2.5 years.

Swim has completed 1 year so far. Here's the thing, swim has NOT been called in to probation office even ONCE in the first 8 months, then called in to be put on unsupervised probation which he has been on past 4 months. Only contact probation has ever had was one phone call instructing swim to come in to sign unsupervised probation papers, otherwise has never been contacted even though charges were decently severe.

All though this is first offense with clean record, only 1 phone call, no UA's/drug tests, no phone check ups, no nothing. Swim finds this very weird.

PO office told swim that under unsupervised probation, they will not contact him till the end of probation, he can travel, and to just stay out of trouble till termination is possible.

Swim is a college student and finds that marijuana helps him focus on his assignments and is more interested in school when he is medicated.

Is it okay for swim to smoke? Any other unsupervised probation experiences?

Thanks in advance

2. #2 As Above So Below, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
    Don't smoke. You went over a year without smoking , why ruin all that work you put in?

You seem like you have your priorities straight right now but after the first time you smoke , you will continue to justify it anyway you can.

And then one day she does pop you and all your work went to shit just because you couldn't wait.

You got in trouble , sounds like it could have been a whole lot worse , now deal with the consequences - and that means not smoking.

You will have more pride in yourself at the end of the 2.5-5 years , knowing you could have smoked but didn't. A lot of people do not have that kind of control.

You have a good thing going right now , do not ruin it.

3. SWIIIIIIMMMMMM IS BACKKK!!!!!

4. #4 ZigzaGoop, Jun 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2015
    Unsupervised probation is exactly what it sounds like... unsupervised.

They're not going to be watching you. You'll only get in trouble if you have police contact and end up in court again. So as long as your on your toes and don't give the police a reason to bother you, smoke it up.

I got one year for a traffic violation, and another year for drug paraphnellia.

5. I understand and you have the most intellectual answer, but I'm baffled that all this time they have not bothered to even call me in once. Especially while i was on supervised. Now that they have put me on unsupervised, I feel as if there is very little chance they ever call me in till the end of probation. The best decision would be to not smoke, but I just feel as a first offender, no record, all community service hours done and fees paid, that they just do not give a damn anymore.

6. See I have heard this much more then I have heard of someone getting tested on unsupervised. Were you on unsupervised? Did they ever call you in?

7. Yeah, I've been on it twice although it's called "Court Supervision" here. They never called me in, no drug tests, nothing. I had a lawyer at the time and he told me to just play it safe and I'd be alright. My mom even got put on it once. They didn't bother her either, but that's a story for another time...

I'm on real probation now and they definitely keep an eye on me, lol.

8. I completely understand. I know you were looking for the "to smoke answer" , which is the reason why you posted here. You wanted other people to validate what you wanted so you could justify it in your mind. But I won't be one of those people who helps justify your decision to smoke , when you know for a fact that you shouldn't smoke.

I don't mean to be an asshole or rude. But been there done that. With worse things.

I haven't had an extremely hard life like some people have , but I've had it harder than most people , and purely because of my dumb decisions.

If I have a chance to help someone avoid future trouble, I will definitely try to help them.

You know what the right decision is.

9. You just said they don't drug test. I don't understand what you're afraid of.

10. #10 TheDankBank, Jun 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 30, 2015
    Well, from past experiences, was tested first two months, then not tested. I stayed clean for almost a year. But was only tested about 2 times. I would say you should not smoke. They act like your buddy but they are not.
    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437P using Tapatalk