All about LEDs Lets discuss the current state of the market, everyone is welcome

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Juddy, Jun 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I will start by asking everyone simply to name that LED Fixture and guess where it is made.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

2. Looks like an AdvancedLED or Advanced Platinum light. What's the point of the thread though? I have lights from across the sea that grow very well. As do others.

3. Yes the point is to point out the fact that Platinum's in this example are not American and are not Unique, however they are being advertised as such.

4. Bingo, Platinum's are China, I don't know why they are so embarrassed about admitting they resell a great product ;)

5. #6 guesswhat, Jul 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2015
    My Platinum doesn't look like that. It's got a different power connection, different sides (with branding), different power switches, and also a different color.

Either way I still don't get this thread lol.

6. The new Platinum's are like yours these are the older ones they are selling. I am sure they are just fine for growing however they are made in china while some proud Americans are think they are supporting American made products.
    Your not going to understand everything in life, if you don't understand this thread give it some time we are here to help you.

7. #9 Juddy, Jul 19, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2015
    What's American owned? we need a few more details, if you wish to actually discuss the current state of the LED market feel free to post something intelligent.
    I know some people thrive on being popular rather than successful, I am not one of those people, that being said I have nothing against anyone who must be popular to validate their insecurities.
    If you have something intelligent to add feel free to participate. If not please leave your childish alcohol fueled comments at the door.

8. #10 Dutty Panty, Jul 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2015
    There company is owned in America. Is amare? Mars? Bml?

Most American companies have products built elsewhere and still have to pass an internal qc

I dare you to buy a platinum and prove that your diy is better.

Last post in this thread as its not too well viewed.

9. #11 guesswhat, Jul 19, 2015
    Plus I have never seen Platinum claim they are American made. They are, like Dutty said, an American company. They also use American made LEDs, but they don't claim it's made here.

So people who you claim are proud American's thinking they are buying an American product could easily do their own research and see what they are buying.

10. Not sure, interesting question, please research that and get back to us.
    I see your familiar with smart business practices, is this from experience as a manufacturer?
    Sounds exciting... I dare you to stop drinking so much.
    Thanks, a few posts from an active alcoholic is fine and amusing but then it eventually gets tiresome...

11. Lol. That right there is why people can't tolerate you.

And yes I'm very familiar with manufacturing I was head of research and development at radiac abrasives Washington state facilities. And you've never met me or even talked to me on a phone yet you act as you know me.

You are a lonely Canadian it seems too bad it isn't legal there you could be involved in growing over a hundred plants

12. Thanks "Guesswhat", as you can tell by the title of this thread it is intended to discuss / research the LED Market, I guess using the pictures that I did ruffled some feathers, all the Platinum cheerleaders are here, and welcome if they can keep the exchange clean and intelligent.
    That is correct it would be disingenuous and false advertising (illegal) for platinum to assert they manufacture in the U.S.
    I would disagree with you when you say Platinum's LED's are made in America, if you choose to quote some facts from a legitimate source speaking to this, it would be greatly appreciated as we are hear to discuss the Current State of the LED Market.
    Thanks

13. Dude you got green ears? I bet there green huh? Sorry for causing that.
    No your thread is just a bashing thread. You bring negativity to most your threads I'm out

14. #16 Cannabartist, Jul 19, 2015
    Pfft I have white panels from platinum and they still don't look like that. Those look like advanced panels with round switches. My switches are square and my lenses are different. The last pic also contains the diamond series water mark. Whay are you linking diamonds series panels and talking about Platinums?

15. It seems more of a bashing thread as I haven't witnessed you post anything proving they aren't USA made chips. Honestly if you're the thread starter and want to show others that things are made outside of the US, you should be providing that information.

I'm not partial to Platinum as I have other companies LEDs as well. So long as it grows good, lasts, and doesn't set my house on fire I'm happy. To me that's more important. Just because something is China made doesn't mean it is bad, and just because is something USA made doesn't mean it is good.

My opinion on the current state of LED is that it brings out a lot of fanboys and haters. So whatever a person feels is the right light for them should be what they get. I'm happy people want to source true information and keep the b.s. at bay. It just seems to be in a less than constructive way more often than not. In that though I am mostly referring to other un-nammed threads/members, or even people I know in real life.

16. Yes you have been many things, 40% owner of Salish Sativas as well. All these great jobs you used to have? in your thirties and you really have no career. Boasting about how your this or that posting pictures with you jumping like a child behind an old Porshe? You go on about how you own a boat, Bayliners are the bottom of the pile bud whoopdy due. And anyone can own a lot of shit if they have an inheritance like you do. Makes you seem really materialistic and dependant on what people say and think about you. What do you think Wes would say if he knew you were bragging up and down about owning Salish Sativas? Likely wouldn't be to impressed.
    And for the many times you offered to call me and offered up your phone number and pretty much begged me to text you all this time, this is exactly the reason I didn't, I know you have an Alcohol problem, I know your unpredictable, I know your level of professionalism is only exceeded by your ability brag and cut people down because they haven't got as much as you do.
    In your profile you claim to be a good hearted person Dutty, this is definitely not the case, you offer to send people free stuff to win there approval but when they go against anything you say you lash out and curse them for taking your stuff. You give gifts with expectations of loyalty, that is not the spirit of giving. Anyhow say what you want about me, my gut told me you were an alcoholic, a lot of baggage comes with that. And this is why I didn't trust you. I hope you get the help you need before it destroys your life.

17. Wish ppl would stop bashing who gives if it made in usa or china..if it works it works.
    If an led grows Plant then awsome.

It would seem platinum led grow plants just fine as does advance, amere and mars
    Not seen a bml grow yet would be nice too see one.

None of these manufactures need bashing theyve all prooved. And there customers have prooved these lights deliver the goods.
    Some light do better in certain situations than others.

This is why education is better than bashing. Just go look at duttys, cursos, max yeilds smittys govcheese. And say platinum are bad led... You couldnt.
    Look.at my plants i feel there awsome so advance leds are great. Also pokesmot had some awsome plants from under advance xml too

Amere sypder and other that use amere are great plants

Mars so many ppl use them andget great results

Sick and tired of ppl bashing perfectly good lights.

18. All those statements are true. Ask smitty he has been to my house. And I wasn't jumping behind but standing out of its a targa

Don't hate cause I have money and you have dreams meta.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.