Sun System lec 315 watt Opinions?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Sade, Jun 27, 2015.

1. It will not "compare" to a 600 watt but it is a great bulb with good durability and good spectrum. The Philips 315 bulbs are an excellent investment if you're looking to get into it.

2. Ive been wondering about these as well. When professional growers are going to these it makes me more curious than the current led craze. Ive heard of a couple of dispensaries using these, and normally they wont screw with anything that sacrifices yield.

3. Well i have an update on these i bought four lec 315 two for veg which was 150.00 for the extra two bulbs i have a 7' by7' room for veg and the same for flower so i was going to go two lights in one room and two in the other i also have 8 foot ceiling in my opinion the coverage was crap high or low put second one in kept at same level tested high and low im not banking on the spectrum cause coverage was a gas i feel like i would need all four in my room to shine even close to my hps 1000w ok so heres the positive coming in just over 3amps didnt even make the cords warm they power with hardly any juice and the temp of the unit is super low i was thinking of just running all four and going with something like a t5 for veg but im also thinking of returning cause they dont look like they would even stand up if i give them any chance being already into flower seems to be risky business to me

4. HappySeed ,

2 315 LECs are not enough for a 7x7 . They work best in a 3x3 foot print for flower so for that space you would need 4 (1260w Total). Im using a 315 as a replacement for a 600w HPS and I havnt lost any yield. I have the 630w covering a 4x4 and killing, performing the same if not better compared to when I run 1000w with much less heat and also I just like the way it looks lol. My AC barely turns on now a days with 2 630's, 1 315 and a 600w DE bulb in a 7.5x8 room if I just leave the bedroom door open.

5. Do you have the sun system or a different one? Didn't think two 315 sun systems would fit in a 3 x3 since they take up 2 ft.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

6. #7 TheGreenPowerRanger, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2016

Yeah I have the sun systems ones ! Sorry if I wasn't being clear, I think one 315w is perfect for a 3x3 space, could push it to 3.5x3.5 if you wanted and a 4x4 would probably be a bit weak at the edges but I mean could still get you some bud . (When I say 630w I'm talking about the fixture they sell with two 315w bulbs in it , covers a 4x4 perfectly

I'm pretty confident that these can produce a pound per light or close to it which is pretty insane for the power !

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. I use a Sun System LEC 630 in one of my 4 x 4 veg rooms and it preforms really well. It's grows just as well as my other Philips DE 400w HPS that I use in my other 4 x 4 veg room. I tried to use my Sun System LEC 630 to flower 6 plants, 3 WW(s), 3 BG(s) in a 3.5 x 3.5 and the buds were really tight but the yield was no way close, (almost 5 OZ(s) less) to what my Philips DE 600w HPS produced in the same size room.

8. #9 green budz, Feb 17, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2016
    I would be happy if I could pull 1# of quality bud in a 4x4 with a 630w

9. I pulled over a pound with the 630 . 4x4 , 4 plants 4+ ozs each

• Like Like x 1
  10. what brand?

11. Sun system

12. Would a 315 put out the same amount of heat as a 250hps . . . Am currently running a 250hps and 42watt CFL. The two are currently causing me some heat issues.

13. I'd say you're safe with that. I have a bunch of these they work great!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

14. How is flowering with the 630s?
    How is flowering with the 630s? I'm bout to put two in my 7.5x8 room... any advise with these lights?

15. Any in put I've been running Mars 11 1200! This is the only led company I ever used. I'm thinking of trying out a 315 LEC. I'm asking if you had a choice between led like pro epster 320 ora LEC Light? This is the tent it would go in a 3'*3'*6'.? [​IMG]

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

16. I go with the LEC 315 over any epistar based LED.

17. How was your heat management? Did you have issues maintaining temps? Are you still flowering with that set up? Hard to find info on people using these dual bulb 630w cmhs in single tent set ups (lots of people using them in big rooms over 4x4 tables)