MPP2016 Presidential Candidate Cannbis report card

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Green Wizard, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Check this link:

https://www.mpp.org/2016-presidential-candidates/

<header class="entry-header"><h1 class="entry-title">
    </h1><h1 class="entry-title">
    </h1><h1 class="entry-title">How 420-friendly are Hillary and Jeb? Pot advocacy group gives report card</h1>\t\t<h3>Marijuana Policy Project grades presidential candidates on their cannabis reform policy, and guess who got the top grade?</h3>\t\t\t\t </header> Published: <time class="entry-date" datetime="2015-06-26T13:30:42+00:00" pubdate="">Jun 26, 2015, 1:30 pm</time> Comments (1)
    By Ricardo Baca, The Cannabist Staff
    One of America's largest marijuana policy organizations is grading presidential candidates on their individual reform policy - and the grades on the report card run the spectrum from A to F.
    Unsurprisingly, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) received the best grade from the Marijuana Policy Project, which released the report card at a press conference in Denver today. Paul has not only admitted to using marijuana as a young man and called out fellow Republican candidate Jeb Bush for his “hypocrisy” on the subject - he's also joined with two Democratic senators to push a bill that would remove federal prohibitions on medical marijuana in the 23 states that have already legalized it.
    <hr><h4>More marijuana politics</h4>On the federal level: House passes bill to prevent DOJ from interfering in states' medical pot laws
    At the VA: Senate panel revives plan to let VA doctors give advice about medical pot
    In Illinois: Illinois legislation to decriminalize marijuana possession headed to gov
    In Colorado: A new proposal would allow more places for pot use in Denver
    In the Pacific Northwest: Oregon House advances state marijuana regulations
    Bernie Sanders: Will the senator legalize cannabis if elected president?
    NEW: Get podcasts of The Cannabist Show.
    Subscribe to our newsletter here.
    Watch The Cannabist Show.

<hr>
    “Voters should know which candidates support rolling back prohibition and which ones are fighting to maintain it,” Mason Tvert, communications director for the Marijuana Policy Project, said in a statement. “People are becoming increasingly wary of the federal government's role in our nation's marijuana policies.”
    The candidates who scored the worst on the MPP's report card: New Jersey Governor Chris Christie and former Sen. Rick Santorum, who both received Fs from the pro-legalization organization because “they oppose reform efforts and they are the most vocal supporters of enforcing federal prohibition laws in states that have made marijuana legal.”
    Sure enough, Christie is one of legal weed's most vocal opponents.
    How did some of the bigger-name candidates fare? Jeb Bush received a D because he “has a long history of supporting the war on drugs and opposing the legalization of marijuana for any purpose,” says the MPP. Hillary Clinton was given a B- because “she supports Washington and Colorado's rights to set their own marijuana policies and that she is interested in seeing the results of their decisions to legalize marijuana prior to taking a position for or against such laws,” according to the MPP.
    The MPP's report card is timed to this weekend's Western Conservative Summit, which is expected to bring seven of the candidates to Colorado.
    “Several states are likely to adopt new approaches to marijuana policy between now and when our next president takes office,” said the MPP's Tvert. “She or he should be willing to work with Congress to ease the tension between state and federal marijuana laws.”

2. That illinois bill is a pile of shit. A 55-125 dollar fine for 14g or less. I guess one way or another the crooks find a way to finance themselves.

3. While I don't think the candidates stance on pot is the most important factor in deciding who to vote for, I wouldn't vote for someone adamantly against it, like Christy is.

4. I agree, but being pro-cannabis is a telltale sign of whether or not they support liberty. For me its the later.

5. my thoughts exactly

I would personally vote for weed as a single issue voter.

The reason is because someone who believes in weed legalization, would hopefully also support the general trend of being lenient on victimless crimes, and critical of our barbaric prison industry

-yuri

6. Clinton got a B- ? Thats pretty generous considering all of tough on crime legislation she supported back in the 90s.

7. Donald Trump has never smoked marijuana. The Donald says if he is elected President he would legalize drugs and use tax revenue to fund drug education.

:)

Sent from deep in my subconscious.
    i miss the pre clinton days!

8. Good point. Those who are openly against legalization seem to always have opinions on other topics that would lose them my vote. Some of those who are openly for legalization, like Christy and Paul, also have other opinions that would disqualify them in my mind. Come to think of it, none of them are qualified so maybe I can pick the least disqualified, as usual. Hold nose, pull lever.

9. What Christy is pro legalization?

10. I wonder why I said that. I think I meant to say Trump and Paul.

11. #13 NumeroUno, Jun 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2015
    lol my votes for trump can i place it here right now!