Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Decarbonating

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by AllDayTrigga, Jun 26, 2015.

1. How many of you Decarb the herb before infusing the oil/butter etc?

2. I decarboxylate unless I'm using fresh trim/popcorn buds. Then I cook for eight to 12 hours.

3. I decarb my kief before making my butter.

4. cook for 8-12 as in making the butter?
    do you only cook with kief? do you find you have to cook the kief for a shorter period of time or lower temp?
    i normally cook with atleast 1oz per lb of butter if not more whats your kief ratio?

5. Yeah I only use kief I don't like how much butter I would lose when cooking with trim or buds.

I can't remember my decarb exactly, it's written down at home :p
    I can cook the kief butter in about 45 mins on a low heat then strain and cool.

I use ~10g kief to 1 and 1/4 cups butter. End up with just over 1cup of medibutter then.

6. I never Decarb when making butter. I might try it one of these days.

7. I'm on my phone so it wouldn't let me quote but I think I'm going to try to save my kief up instead of wasting a whole zip to cook with. People get baffled that I would say $10 for an edible but there's almost 2gs in each one and my buddy in Denver said they are priced at over 20.

Bob barker definitely try decarbing !! It only takes less than an hour and makes them 100x better imo. Aside from I feel it brings out the weed flavor more

8. I used to think people were full of shit for it but after trying it I love it. I don't have to worry about cooking it long enough to convert the THC because it's already done in the decarb.

9. I figured mine out to be about .2g Kief in each medible which would be about a bowl of kief.

I use the dry ice method for collecting kief. I put trim and dry ice in a bucket, slip one of the bubble bags over the top, turn it and shake the hell outta it. Then scrape it into piles lol.

I sell 1/4 cup of butter for 20 or a batch of something for 25.
    I'll put 1/4 cup into rice crispies, peanut butter cup, puppy chow.... Mmmmm...

10. I should just start selling the butter. So you'll use part cannabutter and part regular butter in the recipe?
    One time I made medicated brownie cup cakes with a medicated caramel center. Which was cool but in hindsight definitely wasted money essentially. It's fun to experiment though.
    I don't have my own trimmings but that's a really interesting method to extract it. How much trimming do you use? I should have my own soon ;)

11. You can use however much you want. I usually just pick up 2oz of trim at a time and run it. Gets me about enough to do a batch and a half.
    No I use all medibutter in my recipe's. 1/4cup in whatever I'm making.

12. I realize this is a super old thread, but if you make butter how long do you simmer it for? I did 6g of Kief to 1 cup of butter and it was NOT potent and should have knocked us on our ass but did not. What did I do wrong?

(I actually think I already might have replied to you in another thread so might be double asking sorry haha)