Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Medical marijuana and prescription painkillers?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by BarnWeeds, Jun 26, 2015.

1. #1 BarnWeeds, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
    I live in Oregon and have had a medical marijuana card for years. I have a medical problem they cannot diagnose with my muscles, they constantly hurt. My "regular" doctor prescribes me Tramadol 6x daily, but it's not working good enough anymore. I've been referred to a pain management clinic, where they are going to put me on something stronger. (Likely a fentanyl patch)

Here's my problem: I assume the pain management place will treat me like a drug addict, and make me take a piss test. I assume they will not be happy to find marijuana in my system, even if it is perfectly legal now for everybody in Oregon. My regular doctor does not give me the recommendation I need for medical marijuana, just because that is the policy of every bullshit medical establishment in town. I have to go to a special medical marijuana clinic. I'm not dying so I don't really need marijuana. Right? [​IMG]

Anyway, I'm wondering if anybody else has any experience with being prescribed stronger narcotics, while being a medical marijuana patient? Is it possible to find a pain clinic that doesn't subject me to needless drug testing, or will tolerate my marijuana use? As a 29 year old who doesn't "look" sick, everybody just thinks I'm trying to get drugs. I'm really not! I was talking to neighbor in a similar situation, and the pain clinic basically made him stop using marijuana.

I would kill myself before I stopped using marijuana...

2. I think it entirely depends on who you are working with. When I went through my cancer scare a few years back, the reaction I received from each and every doctor was different. Some were fine with me being on cannabis, some were absolutely not and almost reused to treat me. Some clinics are militant and some not. And those doctors need to know you don't have to be dying to need a card and use cannabis. It's an inflammatory and helps people on an everyday basis with their joint and muscle pain.

So sorry about your muscle pain. I sure hope they can find out what is going on. I wonder if it's Lymes disease ? Do you remember ever pulling a tick off your self? Or perhaps it's Epstein Bar? I'm not familiar with Epstein Bar but I've had a few acquaintances with it and it's a full body muscle ache and a feeling of sleepiness. Good luck. Let us know how it goes, wont you?

3. I think it entirely depends on who you are working with. When I went through my cancer scare a few years back, the reaction I received from each and every doctor was different. Some were fine with me being on cannabis, some were absolutely not and almost reused to treat me. Some clinics are militant and some not. And those doctors need to know you don't have to be dying to need a card and use cannabis. It's an inflammatory and helps people on an everyday basis with their joint and muscle pain.

So sorry about your muscle pain. I sure hope they can find out what is going on. I wonder if it's Lymes disease ? Do you remember ever pulling a tick off your self? Or perhaps it's Epstein Bar? I'm not familiar with Epstein Bar but I've had a few acquaintances with it and it's a full body muscle ache and a feeling of sleepiness. The stronger narcotics could be a downward spiral so be very careful as most pharmaceutical meds come with strong side effect and are extremely hard on the liver.

Good luck. Let us know how it goes, wont you?