4inch 120 cfm

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jj420aded, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Will a 4 inch inline booster fan rated at 120cfm be a good exaust fan.

2. Only for a VERY small grow, maybe the size of a computer case or a small cabinet.

3. I have a 4" Systemair fan in my 4'x3'x6' tent and it has kept 2x 250w HPS lights cool in the past. They are rated at 106 cfm.

But they are good quality so handle ducting and filters better than a lower quality fan.

4. #4 killset, Jun 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2015
    Booster fans don't pull their rated cfm unless they're working in conjunction with another main fan. It probably pulls less then half that on its own. It will hardly be turning the air over at all unless your in a very tiny grow. Turning the air over not only helps with heat but brings in fresh cool co2 rich air while getting rid of hot stale co2 depleted air. I have a 440 cfm inline fan on a speed controller dialed down about half way. Without knowing the cubic feet of you're grow, nobody can say what will work for you

5. currently have a 120mm pc fan rated at like 124 cfm and 38 dB pulling though my 4 inch Carbon filter in my 2x4x5 ft tent and it works great. quiet and some how keeps the smell to ZERO. I have the filter set up directly inline no bends or curves so this I'm sure helps. The filter I have on it is 4 inch x 12 inches and rated for 160 CFM i believe. SO yes it is doable with little fan power

6. once you put load on a fan the cfm rated is meaningless. Some fans handle load better than others. A good quality fan will pull air through a filter and ducting with just a small change to the cfm rating. But a low quality fan could move next to no air at all

7. yea my computer fan thats cracking 124cfm and quiet wasn't cheap! Near $30 for a tiny fan BUT holy cow does that little brushless motor move air!!!

8. #8 GoldGrower, Jul 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2015
    that's a cheap fan. A 4" Systemair fan goes for about £50-£60 = $77-$92