First time grow- CFL and mystery bag seeds

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by trippymama, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Thanks so much! I'm about to order a test kit and probe from Amazon along with ph up and down just in case:)

2. And what nutes are you getting? Personally im doing an organic this time around(bitanicare organic nutes), and my nutrients only fill up 9% of the container with 91% filler like 5(n)-4(p)-1(k) but i know they make some stuff like 20-20-20 or 16-16-16, i dont do all that, just be aware of what your buying and try not to be impulsive :)

3. Only time i ever had to use ph up was outdoor in the ground, and ph down for indoor when you dont have variables(playing god with the plants) like wind, light time, and rain.

4. AND your plants in veg will want nitrogen, and your plants in bloom will want potassium high first # for nitrogen, high last # for potassium

5. More than likely u will only need up or down if u r using the same water source consistently.

6. Thanks! So after testing my PH then I can decide which to buy rather than both.

Antwan, I was going to get the fox farm grow big for veg and big bloom for flowering:)

7. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1435375627.955734.jpg
    Covered with some black fabric to keep the light off the soil :) going to grab some more lights and sockets/splitters when I get my ph tests tomorrow

8. You want to get the general hydroponics ph up/ph down comes as a set, blue and orange $20 fabric looks good, what pot are you transferring into next?

9. Not too sure yet, maybe 1 gal to start with (black or colored this time) since I'm still figuring space out I don't want to use too big too quickly. Yeah I was looking at the GH ph stuff mainly because of price

10. After ph'ing a few times you'll know about how much u need per gallon n all. How much height do you have to work with. Short bushy plants is kinda cool looking. I have. White widow trained. LST is gonna be your Best Friend.

11. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1435404753.211698.jpg

Just so u can see. I have this scrogged out. U can do basic lst n get good results. Just a suggestion so u can have plenty of tops and yield more.

12. I'm going to use an old refrigerator once I get it set up. I did plan to LST a little at least. Should the lst be started during veg, right?

13. Subbed. I'm currently trying to figure out a cfl clone area. Will be reading here. If you want to, look up how to build an organic living soil here on GC. No nutrient schedule, no ph lock out, none of this. Pretty much maintenance free, just the occasional tea.

14. I missed out on putting dolomite lime in my organic soilless medium, dolomite lime is a ph buffer.

15. personally for lst i like tomwait till i have between 5 and 7 nodes, and top it off leaving an eighth of an inch above the node, and tie the fan leaves down if you FIM correctly, you can turn your top cola into 4, then mainline and scrog ^.^ since your doing cfls you want your like between 3 and 5 jnches from your canopy. The 23w cfls have 1600 lumens, if your using a 4' by 4' its a 16' squared, 10 lights make 16000 lumes, ive tested lumens at height, and the cfls give you 1000 lumens per sq foot if theyre 3-5" from the canopy.

Hope this helps

16. You can always add it.

17. im in my last transplant, so i know you can mix lime with water but ive had people tell me its not a good idea, and i know you can sprinkle it on the top of the soil and water it in. Covering this is helpful for multiple people :)

18. Do no use dolomite lime or any fast acting. I got the lime granules at HD. Mix the granules in your soil before next time you plant. Here's the link where I learned about it.

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1116550-Easy-Organic-Soil-Mix-for-Beginners

19. then how am i supposed to be able to " always add it in" im monitoring ph to avoid adding dolomite after finished last transplant. Lime granules without magnesium is calcitic lime and dolomite lime has magnesium and calcium, so why not use dolomite? when calcitic lime granules have calcium and not magnesium?
    Calcitic lime AND dolomite can both be used as a ph buffer, so when you state to stay away from dolomite it confuses me. Please explain, for everyone ty :blink:

20. I'm a beginner as well. What I said is what I understood from reading lotsa pages on here. I can't break it down for you, but if you go to that thread I posted you will learn it all. Look for Jerry, Pacalolo, Thomas Jefferson. Hope that helps.

Now who's gonna answer my cfl question I posted earlier :)