Rosen Tech = BHO KILLER

Discussion in 'General' started by SoCalMMJpassion, Jun 25, 2015.

1. I tried searching for Rosen Tech and didn't see any threads, maybe I'm blind. So, I'll start this new one to generate some debates...

I'm not a 'regular dabber'. I'll do it on occasion, or if it's offered, but I don't go out of my way to purchase or make concentrates... until I tried Rosen Tech pressed dabs! It was terp city, looked amazing and after I hit it, no cough! Win, Win, Win! Have others tried this out? It's so easy to make, a monkey could do it. No risk of blowing up your apartment, all you need is parchment paper and a hair straightener! Once people figure out how to do this in mass quantities (already doing it) I am hoping that BHO will go the way of the dinosaur. I know a lot of people are great "extract artists", but I'd rather be safe than sorry. The only way to be 100% pure is ice hash/ bubble hash, make edibles, or ROSENTECH!

btw: I'm not an extract artist, and the only agenda that I have is not killing my lungs. I smoke flowers daily, but now I'm thinking about buying a hair straightener :)

Does anyone having any experience pressing Rosen Tech with older/ stale buds? I know that in the past, I've taken stale buds, put it in my vaporizer and it tasted like a fresh harvest...

Let the debate commence!

2. Try looking up rosin tech, that's how most people spell it. Rosin is quite popular in the show your hash/oil thread in the stash jar page. Cheers

3. thanks Southeast Stoner! Appreciate the reply!

4. You guys that make rosin, do you smoke the bud to get the leftover oil after you press it or do you toss it?

5. when I make rosin I sometimes smoke it just to smoke. But I also eat it like weed chips

6. weed chips? i guess it's easier to eat than the bud itself... I thought weed had to be soluble with oil or some other solvent to be absorbed? I remember eating an eighth of week in Amsterdam years ago and not catching a buzz. I get hella high off of edibles, though.
    I love this website!

7. #7 Royal Vengeance, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
    Lol I'm sorry but whatever your making with a hair straightener and parchment paper doesn't have less impurities than a Butane wash. Any solvent will do a specifically better job at removing impurities than pressure and heat.

People blow themselves up because their ignorant and chose not to learn before acting.

People who end up with shitty impure black goop are also ignorant and chose not to learn before acting.

Butane is a SUPER WIDELY used form of extraction in food and industrial preparation. Ever heard of "De-Caff" coffee? Lol

8. just because something is widely used, doesn't make it safe. GMO crops are widely used and most people on this website wouldn't fuck with em if they were labeled, but thats a different story...
    Taken from a neutral website going over caffeinated and decaffeinated coffee:

There are three methods usually used to remove the caffeine from coffee beans: using chemical solvents (methylene chloride or ethyl acetate), carbon dioxide, or the water method (also known as the Swiss Water method).
    [​IMG]Methelyne Chloride is often used as a solvent in paint strippers, as an aerosol propellant, a degreaser in manufacturing, and paint stripper. It is also found in spray shoe polish, water repellents, spot removers, wood floor and panel cleaners, glues, lubricants, wood stains, varnishes and finishes, painting products, rust removers, and some automotive products.
    Methelyne chloride is a known carcinogen and is toxic to your lungs. Repeated exposure to methelyne chloride can increase your risk of developing cancer
    Regular exposure to methylene chloride also affects the nervous system and can lead to headaches, dizziness, nausea, clumsiness, drowsiness, and other effects like those of being drunk. These effects on the nervous system can be permanent if exposure levels are high, or if they occur frequently over months or years.
    Upon ingestion Methelyne Chloride is converted to carbon monoxide in the body. Since carbon monoxide interferes with oxygen delivery exposure to methelyne chloride can make angina and other heart symptoms worse in people with heart disease. People with lung conditions, smokers, and people who are overweight or pregnant also may be more sensitive to methylene chloride.
    Pregnant or lactating women should steer clear of coffee that has been decaffeinated using methelyne chloride. If it is inhaled or absorbed through the skin is can reach the developing fetus through the placenta, and it can enter breast milk.

Now we're off topic talking about coffee, but you can keep your dabs.
    BTW if you aren't introducing a solvent at all, by definition, it would have to be freer of impurities than the most purged BHO...
    Does anyone have any feedback on the purity of Rosin Tech concentrate?
    Royal Vengeance, I'm a stoner, and if the BHO dab looks pretty clear, I'll probably do it. However, what I've seen of Rosin Tech so far has my hopes raised for something better :)

9. Wish i would have learned about this sooner

11. And an actual facts on decaf coffee besides a biased opinion piece.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1435279798.835951.jpg

PTents since the 70's

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1435279817.298743.jpg

The chemical extraction method they pointed out was the lesser used of a multitude of solvents such as CO'2, Water, Activated Carbon and liquid butane

12. After reading more about coffee decaffeination I stand by my statement that the "better" method already exists in CO2 extractions.

13. Rosin tech is the purest most beautiful way to make and smoke dabs... I say this personally after making many grams of dabs with this method. Of course it sounds simple but there is quite a science to it. It can depend on how dry or wet your weed is (moist weed works better because it doesn't fall apart) you need a pretty durable straightner and its better if I has hear options to play around with. Rosin by far is my favourite, and nector collectors and the next best thing ask me anything I'm glad to talk :)

14. What's the science behind extracting plant matter in this method?

Genuine question.

15. Ok, CO2 extraction, I am down with. Still, knowing that butane is used in coffee decaffeination is all the more reason not to drink it. Caffeine is fun!

16. I think you need to do some research into butane as a whole. rather than just blind fear of a scary word.

From sourcing to bottling. Different purities. Which are used for large scale extraction etc
    The more you start to delve into the world of industrial solvents it becomes quickly apparent butane and CO2 are very good strides in the area and luckily with the speed of advancement in these days it's likely within X years we'll be using a completely different set of solvents across the board and we can likely thank marijuana for that :D

17. It's basically the same as putting your bud in a vaporizer and condensing the vapor.

18. Huh.. But if THC is heat activated wouldn't you lose potency by applying heat to the unfinished product?

19. I don't think so. It just decarbs as it vaporizes. I haven't read anything about weed loosing potency with heat. Have you? I mean before it combusts.

20. THC loses potency as it is heated or in direct sunlight, causes degradation of the active cannabinoids into their byproducts such as thc-n. As well as active products. All degradation is an equilibrium equation, not a single arrow equation. Products and reactants jump back and forth.

But when you apply heat, you're definitely degrading the product. By how much? Who knows. We need some testing done