Millions Of NY GUN Owners Refuse To Register Firearms.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DivineVictoryX, Jun 24, 2015.

1. #41 froosh225, Jun 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2015
    The right to a pursuit of happiness came before the right to bear arms. So it's really not infringing upon anything. If anything, your right infringes upon mine.

And please show me where I said I don't feel safe with guns in society? I feel unsafe with guns so easily accessible to sick people in society, but that's not all guns. I own a gun, my family owns guns, but we went through all the proper and responsible steps to own them.

And so when super pro gun people say "I own a gun, not because its my right, but because it makes me feel safe" that's not a valid reason by your logic then right? Because it's not about feelings, right?

2. I don't care why someone owns a gun. It is there right no matter what and I have no control over what they own nor do I want to have control over what they own.

3. Of course, because they're on your side of the argument, and therefore when they give a reason for owning a gun, it's justified because it's their right and they agree with you. Meanwhile when I say I am entitled to my right for a pursuit of happiness, well you don't care about my feelings and they don't matter. Forget the fact that it is my right and my feeling about it, just like someone has their right and feelings about why they bear arms. However one is on your side and the other is not, so one is wrong and the other is right. That's so logical.

4. Anyway I'm bored and just trolling at this point anyway. But I still don't see the problem with some gun regulations, that was my main reason for posting anything in the first place. But I won't budge on my stance just like you won't budge on yours. Oh well. I'm sure one of us will be proven to be more accurate in the future. And I'm sure you think it will be you and I think it will be me so I'm interested to see how it plays out.

5. The Road Not Taken by Robert Frost

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
    And sorry I could not travel both
    And be one traveler, long I stood
    And looked down one as far as I could
    To where it bent in the undergrowth;
    <br style="color: rgb(80, 80, 80); font-family: Georgia; font-size: 16px; line-height: 24px;">Then took the other, as just as fair,
    And having perhaps the better claim,
    Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
    Though as for that the passing there
    Had worn them really about the same,
    <br style="color: rgb(80, 80, 80); font-family: Georgia; font-size: 16px; line-height: 24px;">And both that morning equally lay
    In leaves no step had trodden black.
    Oh, I kept the first for another day!
    Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
    I doubted if I should ever come back.
    <br style="color: rgb(80, 80, 80); font-family: Georgia; font-size: 16px; line-height: 24px;">I shall be telling this with a sigh
    Somewhere ages and ages hence:
    Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-
    I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference.

6. Gun registration worked out great for Germany well at least for the Nazi political party it did.

7. But muh feelings are more important than your personal lawful property!!!!
    Guise!!!!

8. Why does the Gov. need a list of ppl who own a certain tool? Historically gun registration is the first step in gun confiscation. Read up on why we have the 2nd amendment in the first place and you will understand why ppl are weary of the Gov. putting restrictions on ownership. 2nd amendment was very carefully worded so that future Govs. couldn't fuck with it(hasn't stopped them from trying)

Just a question but would you trip if the State wanted you to register all your pot paraphernalia(say you live in a legal state or medical state). Would it always be in the back of your mind that if a new person gets in power who is very anti pot that they could then use your registered paraphernalia against you?

Last food for thought, gun laws only affect law abiding citizens. Criminals don't follow laws so how is making more gun laws going to stop ppl who don't follow the law in the first place?

9. Yeahhh I said that. It's not my right or anything. But it's less valid because it's not tangible. It's cool though because your personal property can destroy shit. It looks so cool when the bullet goes through!!! Omg guise like so cool!!!

10. #50 froosh225, Jun 25, 2015

Fair points. I wouldn't trip if the government wanted me to register my paraphernalia, but also, my paraphernalia can't be used to take the lives of other people so it's apples and oranges. At least I don't think I would. I'm not totally sure how they'd use it against me, just like I'm not sure how the govt is planning to use your registered weapons against you

I also believe the 2nd amendment was put in place so we could rise up against tyrannical governments with a well organized militia. Haven't seen or heard of one of those lately (organized militia).

Also who are these criminals you speak of? Many of the people who have committed shootings and massacres were law abiding citizens, until they weren't. Which is pretty much exactly the type of people the regulations aim for.

11. #51 froosh225, Jun 25, 2015
    Sorry not sure what happened when I edited that post. But also, the Founding Fathers regulated firearms in America and even kept track of who had guns and allowed for the inspection of private residences, fining people for not reporting their weapons. So, if it was good enough for them, what happened?

12. Fair points. I wouldn't trip if the government wanted me to register my paraphernalia, but also, my paraphernalia can't be used to take the lives of other people so it's apples and oranges. At least I don't think I would. I'm not totally sure how they'd use it against me, just like I'm not sure how the govt is planning to use your registered weapons against you

I also believe the 2nd amendment was put in place so we could rise up against tyrannical governments with a well organized militia. Haven't seen or heard of one of those lately (organized militia).

Also who are these criminals you speak of? Many of the people who have committed shootings and massacres were law abiding citizens, until they weren't. Which is pretty much exactly the type of people the regulations aim for.
    </blockquote>
    Its a bug with the mobile app since the new update

Happens when android users edit posts. I already posted it in Tue bugs forum they are looking into it

-yuri

13. I think ammunition sales will be the form of gun control that will be pursued by the Govt.

There are already shortages of many popular types of ammo. Even black powder guns need manufactured caps in order to fire, unless you use a flintlock.

Buying and storing ammo is sketchy, I have had everything from rimfire to shotgun shells go bad from a lengthy storage period.

Yeah, you can reload, but you still need manufactured primers.....

14. #54 ReturnFire333, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
    Why do you call the propaganda "liberal?" "Conservative" media aka Faux News completely distorts and propagates the wars in the middle east, along with every other issue they report on, as much if not more than any "liberal" media. I dislike people throwing out baseless political identification terms like Liberal when in reality they are usually incorrect in their claim about a specific political philosophy being the forefront in pushing a certain agenda. Not that I'm trying to start beef with you or insult you or anything.

If anything, the "conservative" propaganda and iteration of world affairs is more detrimental than the "liberal" propaganda and iterations in my opinion. Far right conservative philosophy is literally bomb everything. Not that I would tolerate what "liberals" would do to individual rights or other points.

Both "liberal" and "conservative" philosophy is completely corrupt and unjust and if you gravitate to one or another you're really part of the problem more or less.. The only political party that claims to have it close to right is the libertarian party.

15. So should we register knives? Those can kill ppl. Hammers can kill ppl, the list of tools that can kill someone are endless. Hell even my glass bong can kill someone(break off the bottom leaving sharp edges with the tube as a handle). There are some very well organized militias out there. Just google any state name with the word militia and see what comes up. Just because you haven't seen it doesn't mean its not there. Also wouldn't a tyrannical Gov. try to disarm its ppl before going full blown Tyranny? That way there is not resistance.

Basically in a nutshell it all boils down to the what could come, not for what is here now.

Oh can you provide a source/link to the founding fathers having gun registration?

16. Contrary to popular beliefs among gun fans, there was actually very little gun registration and restriction in Germany during Hitler,in fact less than the previous administration in Germany. The Jews and gypsies were not allowed to own them, but if they had been allowed, it would not have stopped the Nazis from carrying out their plans.

17. #58 DivineVictoryX, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
    [quote name="jas43" post="21792255" timestamp="1435336931"]jas43, on 26 Jun 2015 - 12:42 PM, said:
    [​IMG]
    Molyneux is awesome. His channel talks about everything.

18. #59 froosh225, Jun 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2015
    http://news.discovery.com/human/the-historical-ori...

http://blog.timesunion.com/guns/gun-control-foundi...

^ I found this after searching "why do we have the second amendment" through google, as was urged by other users in this thread.
    '
    Also, there was another website I came across which describes the "well regulated militia" as the reason we have the National Guard, I can try and find that one again. And yes, a tyrannical government would try to take weapons away, but I think there would be some symptoms of tryanny before taking away weapons. But it is in the 2nd amendment that that is why we have the right to bear arms. It is also a common defense statement of those who are pro-guns.

19. #60 dabbed2death, Jun 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2015
    Good. Registering guns is pointless. If anything, the cops can trace you by finding out where you bought the gun from, get a warrant,take ones gun and match the serial number with the the correct firearm in the sales database.

Quite sad you can't even carry sidearms in NY.