Millions Of NY GUN Owners Refuse To Register Firearms.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DivineVictoryX, Jun 24, 2015.

1. #21 JohnnyWeedSeed, Jun 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2015

Because it is none of anyone else's business, especially the governments, what anyone owns no matter what that item may be.

Can you give me even one shred of evidence registering guns will lead to lesser gun crime? Because there is plenty of evidence to the contrary. Criminals and the mentally ill WILL find a way to get a gun regardless of any laws that are passed.

All gun control laws do or infringe upon the rights of good people and make ignorant people have a false sense of security. The feelings of some people are not worth my rights. Guns are still easily available to criminals in countries that have strict gun control laws. gun control does not and will never work.

2. Can you give me one shred of evidence that it won't? Australia is doing pretty well for themselves.

3. LOL, yeah, how well did disarming the Iraqis work out?

4. Well that's not equivalent since Iraq was under a dictatorship. To which I'm sure everyone will now say "well Obama is quickly becoming a dictator". But I don't know how to fix stupidity and ignorance so I'll just say that it's biologically working against you so I guess it's not really your fault.

5. Ah, you left-wing statist youngsters. I'll give you a pass just for those reasons.

Iraq was under AN INVASION by Washington, who of course wanted resisters disarmed. Standard practice. So, 10+ years later how did the disarming work out?

You should read the history of armed vs. disarmed populations, even going back long before America was founded.

6. that kind of logic does not work for people that have been spoon fed American liberal propaganda by the media. It just goes way over their heads
    Cognitive dissidence can be a bitch

7. We are under no such invasion? The different situations and agendas are apples and oranges. Not everything is black and white..I know that's really difficult for right wing leaning individuals to wrap their heads around.

Also while I have left leaning tendencies on this issue, I'm not a "young left wing statist" or whatever. I just find it depressing that so many people think the only way for us to be safer is to arm us more. The only way for schools to be safer is to put guns in them. I don't have some political agenda, but as a human being who didn't have to worry much about schools and public spaces being shot up when I was growing up, it's just disheartening to see the direction this is all going for when I have my own children and have to send them out in the world.

And I still don't see the problem with tighter background checks and other relatively light restrictions on firearms and their sale. If it can keep weapons out of the hands of any disturbed individual who could commit the atrocities that have become pretty regular here, then that's a success. Yeah some criminals will still get their hands on them, particularly people who make their living through crime. But honestly, when is the last time someone like that committed a massacre? The massacres we have become so accustomed are committed by deeply disturbed citizens who didn't HAVE to jump through hoops or go through illegal means to get a gun. I know that's people's main argument a lot but it's kind of unfounded since we have no real evidence that these crimes would have occurred should it have been a little more difficult for them to get their weapons (granted we have no evidence they wouldn't have occurred, but my main point is that neither side can really say for certain). Everything was handed right to them, often by parents and family members.
    Logic goes over the heads of both wings so you can't pull that bullshit

8. You don't get the whole point; not surprising if you were educated in modern American government "schools."

You DO have a political agenda, unknowing that it may be to you.

FTR: I'm a member of no wing. I'm apolitical.

9. [​IMG]

10. So what is the "whole point" then?
    And for someone so apolitical, your certainly pushing hard for your views...

11. he is not pushing his views he is pushing for his rights as a human being.

12. You also said nothing of logical value before. You just told me to read a bunch of history, all of which tends to be skewed in one direction or another. I just want a fucking neutral way to get information, but apparently that's too much to ask for without being branded an illogical left wing liberal

13. Yeah, but the thing is no one is trying to take away his rights. And isn't it my right as a human being to feel safe in the country I live in without needed to resort to owning a weapon?

14. No

15. Plus, it has been New York law to perform background checks and register weapons long before Cuomo and Obama. No one is taking away your rights to bear arms, so why don't you use your logic that I apparently don't possess to explain why it's such an issue to bear your arms legally according to this state? Or is it just some "well that's not what the amendment says" argument?
    No as in seriously no, or no as in "here is my right wing logic that you apparently lack"

16. #36 froosh225, Jun 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2015
    It's cool though I totally get it. As long as someone's views mesh with yours, they're right. Anyone even attempting to express a different view is just shot down with no consideration. That's so insanely logical. I'm so glad I live in America the land of freedoms that are only really freedoms if the majority agrees with you.

17. No as in your feelings of a false sense of security do not trump my rights. No I do not care about your feelings.

18. It's under my right to a pursuit of happiness. And therefore it is my right

19. It's not feelings vs. Rights. Both are rights. So, since no one can actually give me an answer, why are we not both entitled to legally enjoy our rights?

20. Not if it infringes upon my rights, which it does.
    Just because you personally do not feel safe with guns in society does not give you the right to dictate what I may or may not own or the conditions of my ownership. And yes, I am one of those gun nuts that refuses to give a single inch on this topic.