New Obama policy announced - wont prosecute families paying ransom to terrorisists

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SlowMo, Jun 24, 2015.

1. #1 SlowMo, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2015
    I made a huge mistake - I read the news today, oh boy! And it wasn't about a lucky man who made the grade, either.

Instead, it was an official announcement by the Obama administration declaring that families of hostages taken by terrorists will not be prosecuted by the "justice" department. [​IMG]

That should perk the ears of Allah's followers when they need some extra weapons capital. Instead of, "we will, under no circumstance, deal with terrorists" (except when handing over top Taliban commanders in trade for deserters), the idiots in Washington give em as many green lights as possible.

[​IMG]

Go for it people of Allah! Grab up those infidels and make some needed cash in the process! While he's at it, maybe the chief nitwit should also soften his stance on sawing Christians' heads off - but he has no stance on that to soften.

<table><tbody><tr><td>Associated Press - today - US will no longer prosecute hostages' families for paying ransom to terror groups

"Softening longstanding policy, the Obama administration will tell families of Americans held by terror groups that they can communicate with captors and even pay ransom without fear of prosecution."

...the administration will make clear that the Justice Department has never prosecuted anyone for paying ransom and that that will continue to be the case.

The review is also expected to make clear that the U.S. government can help facilitate communications with terrorists on behalf of families seeking the release of hostages. However, that assistance will still stop short of government ransoms or other concessions.
    While the government has long turned a blind eye to family contacts with terrorists, officials acknowledge that the unspoken policy has been applied unevenly."

</td></tr></tbody></table>So they make an official US government proclamation even though they weren't following anyway - their "tough stance against terrorists" - and may be applied unevenly. WHAT THE FUCKING HELL IS THAT??? You can't make the shit up!

My question is, where the hell did this guy go to school??? Or maybe there's some kind of neurotransmitter deficiency in his brain. I dunno. One thing is certain - when it comes to coming up with the most idiotic and downright dangerous (for others) policies, these people can't be topped. Have ya had enough insanity yet, people?

2. They do deal with terrorists, have done for years!
    They just hide it.
    Hypocrites...

If any member of my family was taking for ransom,and i had the funds. Wouldn't give it a second thought in paying them.

And fuck what my goverment thinks.
    Think if prince harry was taken hostage they would stand by "we don't negotiate with terrorists"!

Would they fuck! Laws for them and ones for us.
    Do as i say,not as i do,springs to mind.,.

3. This sounds like open season on Americans who's jobs puts them in dangerous places. Obama says the families can pay but the government won't be paying ransom. How long will that last when a rich family or one with a sympathetic story who can rake in donations pay 10 million for their sons back and the next guy gets decapitated because he can't come up with the cash? The government will end up paying, it's only a matter of time.

4. #4 amateurexpert, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2015
    We have always negotiated with terrorists. Just saying that we don't doesn't change the facts.

The old law was terrible. Not only is your family member kidnapped, but if you pay to get them back, you can go to prison. That sounded more like open season on Americans and just another way to put already devastated people into prison for profit.

5. Yeah, I know. And maybe I'm wrong. But if we're not actually enforcing the old policy, then why send signals that we're softening our stance on ransoms to hostage takers? I mean, what's that accomplish but say to these guys, take as many as you can - ya might get some money out of it? Why keep encouraging the things we don't want to happen? It doesn't make sense to me. But, like I said, maybe I'm wrong and not seeing something.

And what's with that statement that "we may be applying the policy 'unevenly'"??? Is it just me or is that just plain stupid and typical of people that don't know what the fuck they're even doing?

6. I didnt even know you could get prosecuted for paying the ransom. Government logic ftw!

7. Instead, how about saying if you fuck with one of our citizens we will send in a seal team and kill you. It will be good practice for the seals.

8. "Justice" department.

Good emphasis bro!

9. #9 garrison68, Jun 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2015
    If anybody is kidnapped, and held for ransom, then the families of the terrorists should be captured and held by the U.S. government, until the release of the American hostages. If they kill the Americans, then our government should kill the terrorists families - all of them, the mothers & fathers, children, grandparents, brothers & sisters, aunts and uncles, inlaws, everybody. That will make them think twice about kidnapping an American.

10. i'm pretty sure that's the mindset of hostage takers, regardless of our laws..........

11. Then you would no better than the scum terrorists!

Its what separates them from us.

Executing kids! Really?

12. I think you may be right. I guess I reacted to the consistent weakening of our "position". But it's "our position" that contributes to the fires - like gasoline. After all, Switzerland's "position" doesn't get their citizens killed in wars and defense of nations that are important to "their strategic best interests".

Hell, I'm arguing against op and that's me! [​IMG] Way to go, Lenny!.[​IMG]

13. #13 Deleted member 469440, Jun 25, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2015

Edit- Nevermind misread your post, still pretty brutal :eek:

14. #14 garrison68, Jun 25, 2015
    Actually, if the terrorists go ahead and execute the American(s), it is the terrorists themselves who are responsible for the deaths of their own families. They have a choice: If they release the hostages unharmed, their families will also be released. If they don't, they will be detained. If the American hostages are killed, the terrorists' families will also be killed.

It's time to take the gloves off and fight these battles in the same way they do, only rougher. It'll be better in the long run for everybody involved.

15. #15 boydamien, Jun 25, 2015
    Ok so who's going to kill these famlies you?

You're not for one minute suggesting its down to you're military.

I mean these people will have kids of thier own,and i seriously doubt they are going to shoot kids and prolly end up putting a bullet through thier own heads,as did a lot of members of the Waffen SS when they were killing women children.

What about the babies,would u even bother with a bullet, could just bash them of a wall or tree!

Oh and anyone imo who willingly did such thing,has serious fucking mental issues and ought to be locked up!

16. When these terrorists kill a hostage, they don't do it painlessly, they literally saw their heads off with a dull kitchen knife. This is barbaric and in order to combat that they must be made to understand that they will never see their families again. If this means putting them in permanent detention, or giving them a lethal injection, it's more civilized than what they are doing. They have a choice. We do not, other than to pay a ransom and encourage more of the same barbarism. Sometimes they don't even demand a ransom, they want their confederates to be released. Cutting peoples heads off with a knife has to stop, and it will if we have the fortitude to do certain things.

17. I understand all that mate.They are barbaric scum,and yes something needs done.

However killing innocent women and kids is not what we are all about!
    Not only would it alienate you it would make more tertorists willing to take up arms against you and prolly a lot more attacks on youre country.

Fuck man you can't kill kids cz what some member of thier family did.

How about the next mass shooting,you could round up thier famlies and execute them.
    How you reckon that would go down?

18. The problem with this logic is that we are seen as terrorists to the rest of the world... how many people died in 9/11? We refer to that as terrorism... but how many INNOCENT people died when we dropped the atom bombs? If you don't think that is terrorism, you're blind.

How many people have died in Iraq over a lie that Bush told about WMDs? Do you think those people consider us terrorists for killing over 1,000,000 of their citizens?

Snowden released footage of our military gunning down a media van with a helicopter. The guy was trying his best to hide and survive, but the slaughtered him and he was just a news reporter. How do you think the world sees that?

YouTube had the videos removed, but when the war first started, there were tons of cell phone videos being posted by soldiers, showing their fellow soldiers gunning people down for no reason. Just murdering people just to do it. There was one video where they were driving down the freeway, just opening fire on random cars and laughing about the people as they got shot and swerved off of the road. How do you think the world views us when we see stuff like that?

How about the soldiers teasing children with bottled water and making them run and chase the truck, only to throw the water to someone else?

It's these acts that create more "terrorists". Let's be honest. If people came here and did half the shit we do around the world, we'd hate them as much as we are hated worldwide. If someone drops a bomb and murders your entire family, are you going to grow up loving them or grow up wanting to kill them?

That's why the war on "terrorism" will never end.

19. Do not try to understand garrison. Use completely blinded by red white and blue delusions and this pretty much fucked in the head.

20. Quoted for great truth