Accidental hybrid?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by middleforker, Jun 24, 2015.

1. The winter of 2013 to 2014 I had two strains flowering in the same room. One was Ice, which I have had great success with and selected a short stocky mother plant to clone from earlier in the year. I also had a Big Bud X White Widow cross. At some point in the flowering process one of the Big Bud X White Widow females got stressed and hermied. I was on vacation for a week, and when I got back all the females were pollinated. I tossed out all the Big Bud x White Widow seeds, but kept a few of the pollinated Ice seeds. I also tossed a few seeds in our compost pile.

In September of 2014, I harvested my Ice, plus some Trinity. My wife happened to notice a fully budded female in the compost pile. We pulled it, dried it and kept the few seeds we found. I germanated some of those seeds and now I have a beautiful, huge female plant that is starting to flower right now (Western Oregon, Willamette valley). This particular plant is nearly 6 ft tall right now, compared with the Ice, which is about 3.5 ft tall. I'm not sure what to call this cross, but I'm leaning toward Big White Ice.

What I'm wondering is if this particular cross has been done before and if so, is it worth keeping?

Attached Files:

2. Last season I had a nearly identical scenario occur with a stressed out white widow cross (white fire OG) and another nearby plant (blue dream x cryptonite). While the stressed plant(s) produced seeds that were tossed in with save-for-later bagseed, the 3 seeds I harvested from the happy healthy BlueNite had me curious. I germed one end of season for kicks...and the moment she started to flower I knew I'd never let her go. I've got a mama and 4 babies out back right now. I say keep her. Worst case, u could use that monster for a nice batch of bubble hash! [​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Nice , take a cut and smoke the mom.. I grew ice once nice plant

Your know white fire OG is not white widow right